Essays & Coursework
Examine and explore the “data.xlsx” file and the associated data dictionary (“Data Dictionar.xlsx”).
The aim is at understanding how economically based policies have affected the Sino-Japanese relationship, and if they have mostly helped or inhibited their relationship.
White paper or policy memorandum: Research and compose a policy-oriented document that clearly assesses a real-world problem or issue in the area of international security.
The kinetic interaction between inhaled nitrogen dioxide (NO2) and the (dietary) nitrate-nitrite-NO pathway and potential implications for health
An in-depth Study on how Postmodernism has affected the Christian Church in the United Kingdom
Critically review the utility of imaging amyloid, tau and neuro inflammation for the early diagnosis of neurodegenerative diseases.
1. A course reflection of career heroes(please do not pick Elon Musk or Steven Jobs etc. Pick a career heros related my CV), and/or personal strategy for gaining future work experience.
Write about your dental shadowing experiens what did you learnt what you have seen what was good and bad your feeling what can you do else
1. What are the characteristics of fixed and floating charges, and what is the possible impact of the charges on the loans made by Miriam and Nathan to EOC?
3) Whilst some key elements required to found a claim remain the same, the reality is that the Land Registration Act 2002 has made a successful claim of adverse possession very challenging in registered land. Critically analyse this statement.
1) The development of the law relating to covenants reflects a reluctance to bind successive owners of land with both positive obligations and negative restrictions. Critically analyse this statement.
The death penalty was abolished in Great Britain in 1965 (and in Northern Ireland in 1973), but still exists in other countries. Do you think that the death penalty should be reintroduced in the UK? You should explain your answer with reference to penal theory.
Identify and apply the principles of marketing including the marketing concept in relation to the internal and external marketing environment
Prioritise People (My placement was taken place in an mental health Adult recovery and wellbeing team community.
Describe an example from practice related to practising effectively) (My placement was done in adult mental health recovery and outreach team community
Describe an example from practice related to preserving safety) My placement was done in adult mental health recovery and outreach team community
Describe an example from practice related to promoting professionalism and trust) My placement was done in adult mental health recovery and outreach team community
Reflection on feedback from mentors and health care staff using Driscoll’s Model of Reflection (2007)
Explain which bank you are looking at and which risk type (Market, Credit or Operational Risk).
Part 2: Conduct and report the appropriate statistics for the data set you are given based on the scenario below as one would for an academic journal. Be sure to report the means, group sizes, and standard deviations of the discrete variables in a table and to make a plot of all the significant effects.
Enhancing the Sheffield Civil and Structural Engineering curriculum to produce graduates with appropriate Health and Safety knowledge
Discuss the opportunities and challenges in developing solar energy as a major supplier of Renewable Energy around the world
2 Demonstrate the ability to use knowledge of the research process to evaluate the way in which research has been designed and the conclusions that have been reached.
1 Use knowledge and understanding of academic and ethical conventions and the research process to review published research 1 2
Identify the major internal and external factors affecting the demand and supply of ruminant products.
1. Using Gibbs’ Reflective Cycle (see Appendix A of this document) or an appropriate alternative reflection framework, provide a reflective account of your Icarus activity.
To complete this assignment you are required to produce a business plan report suitable for consideration by the management team of the case study company/your workplace in the context of the strategic challenges facing the company. This case study will either be the case provided by the module team or a case related to your workplace context.
1 Use knowledge and understanding of academic and ethical conventions and the research process to review published research
Identify the civil claim which is available to Jenny, and explain which facts she must prove to be successful in her claim and to what standard she must prove them. State whether you think her claim is likely to succeed.
1) A preliminary design appraisal with appropriate sketches indicating at least two distinct and viable solutions for the proposed foundations at the site. Indicate clearly the key issues relating to the site and how your preliminary scheme deals with these issues.
b) Describe the in vitro methods used to stimulate cartilage tissue formation with bioactive scaffolds. [10 marks]
Calculate the financial performance for one of the data sets for either dairy, beef or sheep (see attachments). Use appropriate financial indicators such as margins.
Critically discuss how early life experiences may impact on an individuals mental health later in life
Critical Evaluating of Applying Balanced Score Card to Drive the Strategic Management in Retailing SMEs Enterprises in Manhattan
1. Demonstrate a critical understanding of the nature and significance of attribute that influence risk perception and acceptance.
1.2 You need to explain why H & S is important. Think about it from both the individual’s point of view and also the organisation, so obviously accidents etc for the individual but loss of business, clients, standing, prosecution, down-time, productivity etc etc for the organisation.
Task 1 You need to produce information on Health and Safety for an insertion into an Induction Booklet to be given to all new starters within your company.
Critical Evaluation/ Appraisal of Quantitative Research Helping to Make Sense of a Randomised Control Trial (RCT)
Critical Evaluation/ Appraisal of Qualitative Research Helping to Make Sense of Qualitative Data
Area of interest and choice of research topic and what research methods(based on secondary data and published business research) have been adopted
A very brief introduction about yourself” name, the field of study, some background information)
LO2. Critically analyse and evaluate the philosophical debate surrounding identified contemporary issues in British education
1. Identify the socio-economic, political, legislative and cultural contexts of surveillance
Task 1 a ) Combinational logic circuit A chemical process is controlled by a logic circuit. The circuit uses three sensors A, B and C, and switches an alarm on, by causing the circuit’s output Q to become high/ON (= 1), when certain conditions are reached.
B: Explore the safe operation and applications of digital logic devices and circuits that form the building blocks of commercial circuits.
critical commentary on the issues raised in the news story. Please note that this should not take the form of a case study analysis. Rather, the news article should act as a catalyst for a more general commentary on the salience of the issue, its evolution, and its implications for managing diversity in the workplace.
1. Provide a detailed overview of the stadium / arena to include: ownership, aims and objectives, principal functions and services. (500 words)
Motivations: Compare the motivations for visiting a museum between family groups containing children and students
Using a serious case review, you are required to analyse the work of multi-agency teams who support young children and their families.
1. Briefly identify the design issues lead to and contributed to the consequences of the nuclear accidents at: Three mile island, Chernobyl and Fukushima, identifying the root causes of accidents and any common failure modes
The separation of ownership and control in a modern corporation often requires the delegation of significant decision-making authority to professional managers, which introduces the possibility that managers will have incentives to make decisions that benefit them at the expense of shareholders”
Task 1 - Design a reactor to achieve 4a% of butene conversion (where a is the digital from your group number, i.e., if your group number is B1, a will be 1, so 41% of butene conversion is the target). Make sure you cover the following aspects: 1) Description of the process: Theoretical background and reactor choice. (10 marks)
1 select and investigate a topic of relevance to the program of study and propose new directions for research in that area
You will have to conduct comprehensive design tasks for this project, requiring feasibility study, design and construction of a vertical curve road.
1. You are required to produce a 2,500-word professional business report. You will need to select and review: a. an industry sector for example: automotive, telecommunications, retail, media etc. b. an organisation within your chosen industry sector.
You were asked, to prepare your responses to three questions regarding the book. The three questions were: a) How has the current production of coffee developed historically?
In what respects, if any, has sovereignty been undermined in the post-Cold War era? Has this been a positive or negative development?
Requires you to reflect and rationalise upon your experience through writing a critical reflective report of your experience of the group work activity.
1. Explain the structure of the International System and the role of the states in the context of the International Law. What do we mean when we say that state A is a subject of International Law?
1. Demonstrate an understanding of common physical and psycho-‐social health problems and associated nursing interventions in your chosen field of practice
Demonstrate critical understanding of the concepts of epidemiology, disease incidence, prevalence, and risk, and how they are assessed.
1. Critically reflect on these issues in a single summative assessment, including critical use of the basic concepts of population defined by person, place and time, incidence and prevalence, critical analysis of routine data on mortality and morbidity (age standardization), and identification and critical analysis of risk in relation to a disease.
1 Discuss how this NSF aims to contribute to the health of the general population (400 words)
iv. An understanding of alternative budget systems and what benefits they might offer to the company (25 marks)
i. An understanding of how the company benefits from having a budget and how the budget process helps development of the business. (25 marks)
1) Critically explore how your understanding of a management and/ or leadership approach can make a practical contribution to health and/or social care delivery
1. Discuss how Comparativism as a methodology has helped you to understand the functioning of one of the cases studied.
Critically evaluates theoretical concepts of risk management in relation to projects and how managing project risk relates to managing organisational risks and corporate strategy within their own organisation or an organisation about which published information is available*, drawing on theoretical and practical considerations covered in the taught unit.
Buildings are now being built with a far greater use of glazing for a number of aesthetic as well as practical reasons. The greenhouse effect can then cause significant internal heat gains reducing the need for heating buildings. The most environmentally friendly building is therefore one with the maximum amount of glazing.
1. Determine the roles and responsibilities and examine the competitive elements within the upstream division of Rosneft
Write an 800-1,000 word analytical report on Greydanus, Broekh and Associates (GBA)’s portfolio management style. The word count should exclude tables and calculations. This should be an independent, individual report and you should not collude or get someone else to write your report.
Choose the software development model/project management approach. Do some research and find the most appropriate approach. Justify your choice by referring to the project scenario
1. A function is given by 𝑓(𝑥) = 1 − |𝑥| 𝑇 , where 𝑥 ∈ [−𝑇, 𝑇]. State whether the function is even or odd and hence find the Fourier series for this function.
Twitter Sentiment Analysis with the use of Hadoop Apache and write a prototype software using Java or Python.
Your program compiles, runs and has at least the following: • class definition • instance variables
2) Critically examine the extent to which the legal concept of marriage has changed since the decision in Hyde v Hyde and Woodmansee (1886)
Michael Renov has argued that there are four fundamental documentary functions (preservational, persuasive, analytic and expressive). Identify how these operate with reference to a specific example of documentary practice
L01 Be able to determine the behavioural characteristics of elements of static engineering systems
1. Describe the microscopic and macroscopic structure of muscle. (10 marks) Explain the specialised healing process that occurs post muscle strain. Use supporting evidence throughout (25 marks).
In the absence of your manager respond to the e-mail providing the appropriate information and rationale for the alternative procurement routes being adopted.
Prepare and submit a report that recommends one or two dispute management strategy/strategies so that Hope could address its requirements. Your report should critically analyse the suitability of your recommended dispute resolution and/or avoidance strategy/strategies.
Provide a brief assessment of the current status and future potential of five selected emerging information technologies that are anticipated to have a significant effect on future business,
Identify a common law “essential” of the “rule of law” that we have discussed (or will discuss) in class and follow through on instances of the principle in at least three cases
For medical care to be effective, patients must be able to trust that what they tell their doctor will remain confidential. The vagueness and complexity of the law on breach of confidence as it affects doctors and adult patients, serves to undermine this fundamental obligation. The patient’s interests must always trump that of third parties and confidentiality needs to be restored to being an absolute obligation if the relationship between doctor and patient is not to be undermined.” Critically discuss with reference to legal and ethical analysis.
LO 1. Prepare costing information and budgets; appraise capital investment proposals; evaluate short term decisions; calculate prices Compute and analyse standard cost variances, reconciliation statements; performance indicators such as ROI and RI, EVA and SVA
This report is asking for your reflections on the accuracy of the two circuits you have designed and their robustness under varying environmental conditions.
1. Discuss your investment philosophy. Demonstrate how your asset allocation decisions match with your investor profiling. Forecast the market and make clear what assumptions you made in forecasting the market. (10 marks, 600 words)
LO1 - Understand key contemporary labour market trends and their significance for workforce planning.
Discuss the changing roles of audiences in the digital economy. Use Bruns’ theory of Produsage to discuss the shift from passive consumption to active participation.
In what ways can the uses of intertextuality, symbolism and polysemy in advertising assist brands in achieving their marketing objectives?
LO 1. Explain the social, cultural, educational, financial and environmental factors which influence health and social well-being
Assess the implications of each method of finance to your business, in terms of legal, financial, dilution of control and in the event of Bankruptcy?
Global film culture about Animation (applying two films, one from the module given and a further one of your choice)
Explain and evaluate the key elements of Clausewitz’s theory of war in light of the historical context in which he wrote. Is he still relevant today, if so how and why?
Provide Microprogram support for this instruction and use the simulator to demonstrate its operation. In addition to this design and write microproram support for three different Operational Code of your own choice.
Analyse ‘pre-emptive’ self-defense in relation to Article 51 of the UN Charter as well as international humanitarian law and human rights law obligations.
n a world ordered by sexual imbalance, pleasure in looking has been split between active/male and passive/female. The determing male gaze projects its phantasy on to the female figure which is styled accordingly”
‘Marketing is a factor in the worldwide obesity epidemic’ and ‘Fast-food marketing targets vulnerable populations
‘Consumer capitalism, for all its abundance and its apparent dynamism, can no longer be relied upon to deliver human progress’
‘To what extent can the sharing economy lead to a sustainable and more humane regime of consumption and production, a goal shared by many of its participants’?
Undertake a critical appraisal of the research question that you selected. This should involve at least five references from journals and/or high quality reports.
Why is digital culture an important object of discussion and study? How can the digital be said to change society? Discuss with reference to a specific issue or event that demonstrates the importance of digital culture and the way it affects society.
What key considerations determine if inclusive education is successful? Chose at least three topics to explore in the literature.
Why aren’t more girls diagnosed with autism spectrum disorders? Please use the literature to defend your points. Based on your findings, suggest ways to support your conclusions.
Review the literature from at least three countries which show how these countries/systems engage students in the process of making decisions about their provision and clarify the process for this.
‘A Labour MP [Graham Stringer, MP for Blackley] has claimed dyslexia is a myth invented by education chiefs to cover up poor teaching.’
The outcome in Gregg v Scott  2 AC 176 can fairly be characterised as a victory for principle and legal consistency over fairness and what is often referred to as the “compensation culture”’ (Lord Neuberger, ‘Loss of a Chance and Causation’ (2008) 24 PN 206 at 212). Critically discuss this statement with reference to case law and academic commentary.
Prepare a dissertation proposal that links together the philosophical and methodological approaches to research and considers the following elements; Topic
You are required to produce a report outlining the importance and impact of integrated communications in relation to the chosen organisation. You are also required to propose an integrated marketing communications plan to support theobjectives of the business (for example: increase turnover; increase customer retention; increase average spend, etc)
1. Prepare and present a group presentation (during week 12) on any contemporary issues in credit/counterparty credit/market risks management. Further, you are required to submit the original presented slides for your group as an appendix to the assignment.
1, critically discuss the issues associated with measuring and managing credit and counterparty credit risk in financial institutions.
1. Evaluate the three value-at-risk (VaR) approaches used to measure market risk. You should use real world numerical example to illustrate: (a) VaR as a measure of market risk.
i. analyse its relevance to your chosen organization and how it influences policies and decision-making within your chosen organization or industry-sector.
To explain the process of meiosis, identify the main stages in the process of nuclear division that differ from mitosis, using the fusion of gametes as an example. State why they differ. Must identify the significant stages in terms of when and why meiosis and mitosis occur.
Discuss how the title sequence of The Adventures Of Tintin (2011) reflects the Genre, What the relationship is between image and text? What the choice of typeface communicates? Why?
Analyse the significance of China’s economic performance and the wider influence it exhibits upon the world economy
You are required to conduct an analysis L’Occitane marketing communications strategy. Your analysis should examine the range of marketing communications tools and media used by the organisation.
i) Critically discuss whether greater accessibility to higher education can lead to greater employment for students in different countries and from different cultural (e.g. national or religious) backgrounds and with different gender referring to the articles above and other literature, evidence and explanations you have gathered.
you should write a lay summary about why your target is important and briefly explain the techniques you will use. You must justify why you have selected your chosen target.
Does celebrity humanitarianism represent an alternative type of political agency or is it another form of capitalist power?
A 1,500 (+/- 10%) word reflection to demonstrate how you participated in an infection control procedure to maintain the wellbeing of one of your patients.
Explain the advantages of using marginal costing as the basis of providing managers with information for decision-making.
You must demonstrate your depth of knowledge and understanding through engagement with key concepts and thinkers. You should use the materials introduced throughout the module as your framework and then go beyond these resources
Critically discuss the above statement. Your discussion should include explanations of (a) what justifies internal trade and transfer pricing, particularly in manufacturing companies,
(a) Define the terms `shareholder value`, ‘value chain’ and `cost management`, explaining how these terms differ from what is called the `conventional wisdom` of management accounting.
Critically discuss the above statement. Your discussion should include a) an explanation of the terms cost management and value chain,
(a) Within the context of divisional performance evaluation, explain the notion of controllability, stating the main arguments for and against including non-controllable costs in divisional performance reports.
How Does Duffy Vividly Portray the Experience of Growing up in ‘Before You Were Mine’ and ‘In Mrs Tilcher’s Class’?
1. Choose your topic (Globalisation, Privatisation, Labour Market Flexibility, CSR etc.) Give reasons for choosing the topic. Please remember it must be one of the topic we have studies during the course.
. How you will identify the external factors that are impacting on the businesses and why you will use this approach
A proactive strategic procurement operation can give the organisation it represents a competitive advantage by reducing waste in the value chain. For an organisation of your choice, you are asked (a) to critically examine the Procurement function
discuss the importance of managing supplier relationships and how this could contribute in gaining competitive advantage.
identify and apply key competencies involved in the preparation of a personal financial plan
Write a 1,500 word article for publication in a quality newspaper that critically discusses the given quote by Anon
Forecasting extreme weather events two weeks in advance: clairvoyance, science fiction or reality?
What were the main factors influencing President Nixon’s decision to withdraw U.S. troops from South Vietnam?
A CSS (County Surveyors` Society) study has highlighted the need for improved design guidance for mini-roundabouts that would allow improvements to be made in the selection of sites and the design of existing and proposed junctions. Traffic Management Division also believes that improved design guidance is required in this area
Highway projects need analysis and design of various sections of the road network. As a highway engineer, you have been asked to perform the tasks outlined below according to the standards specified by Ministry of Highway and Transport Engineering in UK. You will have to conduct comprehensive design tasks for this project, requiring feasibility study, design and construction of a vertical curve road.
1 P5 calculate the resultant thrust and overturning moment on a vertical rectangular retaining surface with one edge in the free surface of a liquid
Biomedical engineers have been developing treatments for reparing articular cartilage defects in the synovial joint for many years. One such method involves tissue engineering an explant of articular cartilage in vitro that could be subsequently implanted into degenerated knee joints of mice or pigs for animal study.
(a) Explain the fundamental principles in tissue engineering for repairing cartilage defects. [10 marks]
a. According to Purchasing Power Parity which currency area should have had the higher rate of inflation in 2017 and by how much? (6 marks)
a. Calculate to 4 decimal places the new exchange rate after a 2% increase in the value of the dollar given a current exchange rate of EURUSD 1.1 (6 marks)
1 Critically discuss relevant theories and approaches to organisations and people`s behaviour at work
To what extent are disabled children and young people disadvantaged in relation to your chosen area. Here you will need to engage in social theory in order to identify the causal factors linked with the oppression of disabled people.
LO1 Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of business research to assess information needs and provide organizations with relevant, accurate, reliable, valid, and current information to aid management decision-making.
You have been appointed as an international Business consultant for an upcoming high profile SME based in India, Rahat Continental Limited. As part of their main business portfolio, they offer a comprehensive air service that is committed to the safe, reliable and cost-effective delivery of your consignment.
Assess the commonly held belief that most young people will change jobs several times throughout their careers.
Explain what Arrays are and how one and two dimensional arrays are declared and initialised in VB. Give one example of each to illustrate your answer
Define different generations of programming languages. Explain the key features of 3rd generation programming languages with examples.
Discuss what is meant by ‘ethics’ and give three brief examples of different ethical views.
(i) Draw a histogram to represent this data and clearly identify the shape of the distribution and any implications that this may infer.
1 Demonstrate a systematic understanding and critical appreciation of the interrelationship of diverse theories in the MBA toolkit to challenge existing preconceptions and develop positive and enquiring approaches to management and enterprise
Q4. Apply the law of diminishing marginal returns to your studies, what is the implication of this concept to how you should spread your self-study across the modules? What other influences might change this conclusion?
Q3. From a classical analysis, what is the impact of a minimum or living wage on unemployment? What are the counterarguments against this, and, is it possible for a minimum wage to reduce unemployment rates?
Q2. Apply the concept of diminishing marginal returns to workers: what are the conclusions that you obtain from this with respect to employment practices? What role might training and development have for this problem?
Produce an essay of 1,000 words in which you critically analyse the medical and social models of disability, in order to understand how the two models highlight segregated and inclusive education respectively.
LO1: Critically analyse the Social and Medical Models of Disability and the application to disabled people
LO1 Outline the structure and organisation of activity in a given public health service or social care provider.
Health care assistant and Dignity of Labor: The role of HR in improving public health through improving working conditions for Health care assistant
Following the exit of the UK from the European Union, what would be the best deal for businesses both parties should aim for in their negotiations?
Which theories and research findings about memory should be considered when making a successful advertisement?
1. What processes of attention should be considered when trying to design an effective advertising campaign?
What processes of attention should be considered when trying to design an effective advertising campaign
Discuss the similarities and differences between a good managers a good leader? What are the key differences between leadership and management according to theories and models?
The first section should set the scene for your evaluation by stating the specific focus of your assessment around the contested issue that you have selected. This should take a historical focus.
Evaluate one of the following contested issues with regard to people with additional needs in today’s society. Life transitions
Examine a range of special educational needs that an early years practitioner may encounter in early years settings with specific focus on Dyspraxia and Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD)
LO2 Design a programme architecture, identifying the set of interdependent projects and organisational functions that are required to achieve the desired business goals.
Critically evaluate how HRM and workplace people management practices influence and reinforce the ‘management’ of an organisation’s culture.
Critically explore the extent to which policies associated with work life balance and family friendly initiatives serve the interests of the organisation as opposed to their employees
3. Which will be the consequences of European integration? Which are the barriers to achieving it?
2. Which is the impact of customs union formation for the EU member states and the third world countries?
1. Which level of government (local, regional, national or EU) is responsible for the decision making within the EU
1. What is the issue in the South China Sea? Who are the main players and what are their goals?
4. What is the Turkish reaction regarding the delineation of the EEZ of the Republic of Cyprus? Refer to the legal and political point of view.
3. Which are the factors affecting the prices of gas and oil in the international markets?
2. Which are the options that Israel has regarding the exploitation of gas existing in “Plot Laviathan”?
1. Is it oil and gas resources a strategic instrument for stability, prosperity and peace or for conflict? Analyze the causes triggering the war in Syria.
3. Do you believe that the EU can turn into a federal system or it is doomed to be based on the principles of Realism?
1. Is the ESDP (European Security and Defense Policy) and the European Defense System autonomous? Does the ESDP depends on NATO?
2. Which are the forth main EU Institutions? Explain what the legal procedure decision is.
How convinced are you by Burgess’ claim that authors can “let go of any attempt to lecture [young people], help them or worst of all educate them” and “simply tell [the] story” (Burgess, 2009, p. 319)?
LO2: Critically review Labelling Theory and how this can influence the response to a disabled person within the educational system
1) Is the curve in this model steeper or flatter relative to the basic IS-LM model? Explain why in 3-5 lines, being as precise as you can.
C1 Select, apply and evaluate the appropriateness of methods, tools and technologies in the synthesis of meaningful project outcomes.
Write a report to demonstrate an excellent knowledge of genetics: A Case study of an inherited disease (single gene disorder), summarising possible therapies and /or the ethical implications of diagnostic testing.
Critically discuss the relationship between generational consciousness and the aging process
1. Demonstrate a critical understanding of the cultural relativism and ethnocentrism ( work against ethnocentrisim, as what it says is Britain does it best and everyone else must follow, perceived leaders in the world.) and apply them to global issues of inequality. -
Critically evaluate the case for and against capital requirements for the banking sector / industry. Your conclusions should be based on the evidence you have reviewed and you may draw upon relevant theories and ideas and where appropriate use analysis, arguments and justification by using examples and illustrations.
Write management report to the management of Coco limited directors in the following point
Africa – Civil Society and Anti-Corruption To what extent have African civil society organizations been successful in tackling state corruption? What problems do they face?
Discuss the idea that humans are now more vulnerable to changes in the environment than ever before.
You need to identify an old/redundant airfield (a bomber site or an alternative very large brownfield), preferably regional (North West) which is large enough and potentially suitable for a Grade 2 Circuit and all the facilities required for such development.
The Social and Emotional Effects of Social Media: Representation of Non-Surgical Cosmetic Procedures on Hong Kong Women
Demonstrate knowledge of the contribution of entrepreneurship and the small business sector to economic/social/cultural/technological development.
You are required to generate a multidisciplinary tender document (including the circuit and facilities design and planning) for Grade 2 racing facilities which can host various motorsport activities (except for F1).
with reference to classroom practice discuss the ways in which developmental theories have shaped or could shape educational thinking on play and social development
Provide a critically reflective assessment of your learning from the formative and final debate preparations as well as from the debate process. Demonstrate how identifying, assessing, arguing, and rebutting the issues on both sides of your debate topic influenced your individual ethical learning. Include a statement of your individual position on the issue, how you support your position, and consideration of a valid counterargument.
As the newly appointed CFO of your chosen company, you are required to write a report to the senior management team - fully referenced, and address the following: Evaluate financial performance: Choose TWO categories of financial ratios from the list below and assess the financial health of your chosen company using past 5-year financial information
After several rounds of interview, you are successfully appointed as the CFO of the Company. The Company has enjoyed considerable success in recent years and the board of directors have decided to adopt a growth strategy by making further investment in their current production line and acquiring an existing company in their industry.
Drawing on the Programme Mandate for the University of Cambford’s Two-year Degrees Programme, and with reference to appropriate academic theory and established programme management practice, prepare a Benefits Map for the programme, identifying
Design a programme architecture, identifying the set of interdependent projects and organisational functions that are required to achieve the desired business goals.
Coventry Pool Meadow Bus Station is over 20-year old. Given its age and the increasing number of passengers using this station, a new building is required. A consortium of two partners - the City of Coventry and the central government – agreed to sponsor the project. The budget is £300 million and the timeline - 2 years. Apart from building the new station, the project will include the demolition of the old station and the construction of a parking station for bicycles.
LO1. Demonstrate a critical understanding of the role of project management within organizations to deliver successful change.
You are a new consultant working for International Management Consultancy (IMC, a fictional consultancy firm). You are required to complete ONE consultancy project out of a choice of four employer scenarios
The law relating to family settlement ‘has often been dominated by an overriding concern with preventing abuse and the entry of undesirable migrants` (Clayton G., Textbook on Immigration and Asylum Law, 7th ed., Oxford: OUP, 2016, 272). Critically discuss the validity of this statement.
LO1: Discuss contemporary health and safety policy and legislation linked to risk behaviour
Please write a critical analysis of a recent (2014+) research paper of your choice (an empirical article, not a review article).
Critically evaluate the significance of employing a growth mind set to your studies and make judgements as to whether a growth mind set is useful to you getting a first class degree.
1) Introduction to food safety management systems (which ones do we use (HACCP safer food better business, look at Food Standards Agency and Environmental health).
The disabilities specific to research for the information website are DYSPRAXIA and SENSORY PROCESSING DISORDER.
Identify and critically evaluate the specific issues you wish to investigate and drawing on models/theories, provide a discussion why these issue(s) are of importance.
Critically examine the key challenges and the key debates for a special educational need of your choice.
You are required to select a sports organisation of your choice, which has/is involved in an impactful crisis to the sport that the organisation governs (must at least relate to the time period between January 2016 and April 2018, but can have started before this). The organisation that you choose should be facing (or have been faced with) the management of a crisis over a prolonged period of time.
3. How have television documentaries evolved with the changes in the television industry? You must illustrate your answer with textual analysis, drawing on two or three examples of this form of television and on the work of at least two theorists.
8. What are the key themes in contemporary ‘tween’ television? Illustrate your answer with reference to at least one television programme and at least two theorists. 9. How does the ‘talk show’ genre encourage and/or limit in-studio audience participation? Discuss, drawing on two or three examples of this form of television and on the work of at least two theorists.
7. Do fan participation platforms and download culture mean that viewers have more agency and/or influence than before? Discuss, ensuring that you define your use of ‘agency’ or ‘influence’ and drawing on examples (online discussion boards, apps or television content), and on the work of at least two theorists.
6. How does reality TV produce a sense of intimacy between viewers and the people depicted? Discuss, drawing on two or three examples of this form of television and on the work of at least two theorists.
5. Does ‘Quality TV’ have a greater capacity for producing alternative or critical representations? Discuss, drawing on two or three examples of this form of television and on the work of at least two theorists.
2. Drawing on analysis of two recent (from the last two years) television news examples of your choice, critically analyse the ways in which television news attempts to convince viewers that their coverage is accurate, credible and truthful, with reference to at least two theorists.
4. Identify and discuss two or three characteristics of narratively complex television, drawing on two or three examples of this form of television and on the work of at least two theorists.
1. Identify and discuss how any two of the following components of television determine a show’s genre, or genres: setting; characterisation; music/sound; plotlines; opening credit sequence. Compare the chosen components across two or three televisual examples to illustrate your analysis, drawing on the work of at least one theorist.
Using relevant and appropriate frameworks developed during the module, you are required to compare and contrast the cultures of two countries of your choice. You are then required to choose organisation(s) that have expanded into these countries and analyse the issues they faced and how they responded to the cultural context.
1.1. Brief description of your house/flat/room. Square meters, location, how many people live there, age of the property.
1. Demonstrate critical awareness of how digital business applications can support and change the way of doing business by aligning strategic and organisational goals
This is a report where you will be asked to compare the digital marketing activity for two brands of your choice using data that you collected in Element 011 for which you will have received feedback. You can analyze this data and use it as evidence in your report.
(a) Produce an entity-relationship diagram which represents the domain of criminal court cases, together with the detailed explanations and justifications of each entity, relationship, cardinality, and type of relationships in the diagrams. Note that some attributes should be created and assigned to the entities in the domain
Make an evaluation of the reward implementation problem in the case study organisation. Offer recommendations that are logical, viable and scheduled including some costings
1.1 Analyse historical influences on changing patterns of health including science and technology.
To what extent were Eastern Europeans passive victims of extremism in the Twentieth century?
How did twentieth century modernising technology affect the use of violence for political ends?
LO1: Critically evaluate leadership theories and assess their utility in the management of change.
Task 1. Identify and briefly describe a large organisation from either the Health and Social Care sector or the Hospitality and Events sector which has recently undergone significant organisational change in the last 5 years. (5 Marks)
An understanding of key programme design and development constructs underpinning computer programming, such as sequence, loops and selection.
1. Demonstrate a critical understanding of the pedagogies that underpin effective learning and teaching in your specialist subject
Apply knowledge, skills and understanding of railway interfaces, operating principles and practices from a broad perspective
1. Demonstrate a broad understanding of the knowledge base of this module, and its terminology and discourse (with specific reference to transmission media, data encoding, transmission modes, error detection and correction, flow control, multiplexing, switching techniques, and routing);
A) Determine U-value for the cavity wall shown below if thermal conductives for brick work, block work and plaster are respectively 0.84, 0.65 and 0.50 W/mk. Take outside and inside surface resistances as 0.055 and 0.123 m2K/W respectively and air gap (cavity) resistance as 0.18 m2 K/W.
You have been asked to act as the ecological consultant for a minerals company proposing the extraction of sand and gravel from an area of land alongside the River Hertford between Cayton and Flixton. The proposals will require planning permission and the preparation of a formal Environmental Impact Assessment. The client is proposing to create a series of lakes and ponds following completion of the extraction – there is considerable scope for you to advise them of the most appropriate design for the restoration work.
Formed in 1946 by Estée Lauder and her husband Joseph Lauder as a small family operated cosmetics firm in New York City, the Estee Lauder Companies Inc. (ELC) first carried only four products. ELC is now a leading consumer products company with over $12 billion in revenues, 46 thousand employees and products sold in more than 150 countries.
You are required to choose a company from the following list of Public Limited Companies, and describe the impact of innovation and changes in technology on the company.
The overall purpose of this assignment is to build your understanding of the consumer and how an understanding of consumers is a key input to the development of an effective (the right type) and efficient (minimal or no waste) marketing mix strategy
i) To examine the empirical evidence in literature what leads to employee’s job satisfaction and employee motivation?
• Examine the feasibility of your opportunity (technological, legal, financial, market and industry feasibility, operational feasibility):
1. Formulate a Business Plan for a new business opportunity, and identify suitable funding sources.
Evaluate financial performance: Choose TWO categories of financial ratios from the list below and assess the financial health of your chosen company using past 5-year financial information: Profitability
Explain how to manage an innovation project by considering an organisation’s (i) internal environment and (ii) external environment.
Select any one accident from below which has Human Factors as a causal element. Describe briefly the accident/incident and identify the Human Factors involved. ( 1000 words)
immigration in the uk in the last years and how they affect the economy and the pay rate about people who have benefit but they are able to work and how they help the country economy and why immigration it is something good for a country.
1. Install, configure and secure a web server ready for non-static content. Understand issues when setting-up web servers.
Donald Trump`s presidency has reduced the US`s attractiveness for international businesses and their investment.
Models and semiotic theory in The forms of meaning: modeling systems theory and semiotic analysis
Step 2: Calculating descriptive statistics for the populations you are studying: frequencies, measures of central location, and dispersion.
Collecting and merging the data from the Office for National Statistics (the UK), or other international (e.g., UNCTAD or WB), industry (e.g., Statista,com) and firm-level databases (Fame and Compustat).
Analyse the concept of the `effortless achiever` and consider why and how `being cool` influences young people in formal education
2 –Produce and present a multimedia presentation on a proposal for intervention based on the athlete assessment produced in assignment 1.
1. Evaluate the factors influencing the choice of a range of construction technology challenges.
Consider whether this is a binding judgement on the issue of dishonesty in the area of criminal law. Identify key issues and critically evaluate the argument that the case of Ivey v Genting Casinos (UK) Ltd
Macroeconomists are often concerned about the use the fiscal policy to stimulate aggregate demand. Imagine that you are invited to the UK Monetary Policy Committee to argue on the effectiveness of fiscal policy. How would you convince them to use fiscal policy? Which argument(s) would you present and why?
Explain and evaluate different forms of reward intelligence which Bakers could source, and how intelligence can be used. In doing this you should: • Identify different types of reward intelligence.
A. Identify the main types of business entities and discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each.
Affect of Infrastructure Investments on the China`s economic growth the year between 1990 to 2014
How older women feel and treated by society (example)in a classroom with younger people or at the work place. Stereo type.
The behaviour of children that was brought up or raise by strict parents and how the children don`t achieved academically or they rebel always getting into trouble. Some parents believe in controlling behaviour ruin children lives.
The report should also focus on An analysis of the internal business environment (issues such as: competences; resources; competitive advantage; human elements; financial performance; products and markets), External business environment, including (both micro and macro contexts and analyses such as PESTEL, SWOT and Porter’s 5 Forces )
You are to investigate the cultural operating, strategic planning and analyse the advance practices of Festival Republic. festival Republic is an event organising company.
a) Check the minimum thickness required for the inner leaf based on limiting the slenderness ration to 27. [10 marks]
a) Prepare two distinctly different schemes for the floor joist layout. One scheme must use solid timber softwood members only. The second scheme should make use of engineered timber components where appropriate. Show both schemes on a sketch plan layout and comment on the pros and cons of each. Compose an email to the client giving recommendations for the layout to be adopted. [40 marks]
2) An evaluation for the whole site of the health, safety and risk issues during construction, particularly referencing methods of reducing the risk of working at height.
1) Proposals for the whole site detailing the construction techniques including an assessment of any advanced techniques that may be required.
The obligation on national courts to refer to the court of Justice of the European Union under the preliminary reference procedure is fine in principle but unenforceable in practice. Discuss
1) What is different about remote food retail markets compared to mainstream food retail markets? (4 points)
In order to respond to this question you are required to select a 21st architectural example from the list below as a case study that you will use to demonstrate how and why a particular author you have selected from the list of primary sources provided and discussed in the weekly lectures, is still relevant today.
As a leading Management Consultant in the international automotive industry, the Titanoya Motors Managing Director has asked for you to provide a report to her that identifies 2-3 problems in the Joint Venture related to Management theory. You must provide at least two recommendations for each problem which will be evaluated on practicality and justification of supportive research. The report must include an implementation plan and executive summary. Simply firing managers or closing down the Joint Venture is NOT an option.
1. In this essay, you will write about a controversial topic by taking a position and supporting it with reasons and evidence. Remember that this paper is only 4-5 pages, so you must limit its scope. While the presentation of the evidence you gather may exceed the maximum length requirement, you must be careful in selecting the information you include as well as the information that you exclude.
Cameras in the courtroom and its affects on judicial proceedings and First Amendment rights
Calculate the output gap as the percentage deviation of output from the potential level of output. Use the output and inflation gaps to calculate, for each quarter, the fed funds rate predicted by the Taylor rule
You want to form a portfolio of investment consisting of shares listed in the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX). Select 7 shares from the ASX listed securities/ companies. You can collect the data of your own from any data sources such as ASX website, yahoo finance etc. Use monthly share price data from January 2001 to December 2017.
Using the four functions of management approach, describe how you manage the day to day operations of your business activities. How can you ensure your staff continue to deliver on business goals with absolute commitment to quality
Identify the principles of management and organisational structure in relation to size and purpose.
Critically assess the potential impact of domestic abuse upon all those involved in the scenario; Talk about the Perpetrator, the victim and the children.
Provide an overview of the phenomena of domestic abuse and violence including critical analysis of definitions and discussion of the key characteristics and patterns that occur within an abusive relationship. = Talk about the theory
1 Info on how long after consuming cannabis, opiates, spice (NPS) etc can be picked up by testing
1. Demonstrate a broad understanding of the knowledge base of this module, and its terminology and discourse (with specific reference to transmission media, data encoding, transmission modes, error detection and correction, flow control, multiplexing, switching techniques, and routing);
LO2: recognise the interrelationships between operations and other functions e.g. MIS, Marketing, Finance, Accounting, and Human resources
1. A precise and well-informed overview of the organisation and of the product or service proposed
The report recommends and explain a yearlong training programme that helps build employability skills of staff from disadvantaged and minority backgrounds at UNICEF UK
The ethical issue around faith and sexuality in foster care who should or should not foster, talk about discrimination against religious foster parents and gay foster parents, child abuse in the name of religion and sexuality
1. To understand how FinTech has affected consumer buying-decisions when remitting money abroad from the UK
Study of the financial technology’s impact on consumer-buying-decision in the UK money transfer industry
be able to develop an in-depth understanding of a chosen organization’s situation and the challenges it needs to overcome to become or remain competitive
2. Discuss how auditors can identify symptoms of fraud existence, what are the most appropriate detection techniques of their assessment process and in which situations they may have difficulty in detecting fraud activities
1 In what ways does Uber’s business model both enhance and detract from the creation of shared value? How is the creation of value for a taxi service shaped over time? (25 marks)
Examine the cost saving business practice that budget airlines pioneered and critically evaluate its effect on the tourism industry.
Critically evaluate whether the current legislation to combat racial hate crime is adequate to protect potential victims from this form of offending, including in circumstances where such crimes are perpetrated via the internet. If it is not adequate, does the criminal law in this area require reform and, if so, how? Give reasons for your view.
9. What social theory, or theories, studied on this module, can help make sense of what Lane (2000) calls the ‘loss of happiness’ in affluent consumer societies?
8. Focusing either on the discourse of ‘work’, or the discourse of ‘consumption’, assess the usefulness of the concept of ‘ideology’ to understanding social reproduction in contemporary capitalist societies.
7. According to Berger and Luckmann (1967: 30) ‘The central question for sociological theory’ is: ‘How is it possible that subjective meanings become objective facticities?’ How does the phenomenological tradition in social theory help us answer this question?
6. Compare and contrast Bourdieu’s account of the role of the ‘Kantian aesthetic’ in social reproduction, with the Frankfurt School’s theory of art and culture.
5. Critically examine Foucault’s claim that ‘we must cease once and for all to describe the effects of power in negative terms’ (1977: 194).
4. Compare and contrast Marcuse and Foucault’s understanding of the relationship between sexuality, power and social control.
2. Compare and contrast Weber’s theory of the rationalisation process with Bauman’s more contemporary theory of liquid modernity.
Write a critical essay on how systems biology approaches/techniques are attempting to solve a grand challenge of your choice. You do not need to cover the entire field of systems biology, more focus on specific examples in the current literature, commenting on the findings/outcomes of this (these) approach (approaches) in solving the challenge.
Task 2 - If you have demonstrated some or all of the 8 behaviours please list examples of these in the penultimate (last but one) column in the individual assessment table.
Task 1 - Reflect on how you behaved when you were at school, in work environments, in your family and currently on your BA course here at UEL. For each of the 8 behaviours in the individual assessment table below (page 3) identify whether the behaviour is never demonstrated, rarely, occasionally, usually, or consistently. Please be honest.
Identify and appreciate the main sources of evidence relevant to healthcare, including qualitative, quantitative research and systematic reviews.
Critically discuss the educational challenges experienced by one of the marginalised groups examined in the module. Consider the work of Paulo Freire and decide whether his theory (or another`s) is best suited for your argument.
Using a country of your choice discuss the major factors that would determine risk, market attractiveness and issues that would effect a successful international development strategy. Where necessary use examples, models, frameworks and theory to support your answer. (50 marks)
1. In a Global Economy context, why might a country invoke a Trade Intervention ie have import restrictions to businesses in its country? You may give country-specific examples to illustrate your answer, relating this to your country presentation
1.) Demonstrate an introductory theoretical knowledge of the fundamental areas of sport and exercise psychology.
You will be able to develop understanding of the core activity areas project managers concern themselves with and how they relate to personal and organisational issues.
1. demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the general social, psychological and political issues relating to life in a linguistically and culturally diverse environment;
Following the SBTM Prospectus Template document, using and refining sections of the prospectus completed earlier, complete your final draft of your prospectus into a single document. This should also include the References and any and all Appendixes into that single document.
To what extent does literature offer insights into how one apprehends and understands the criminal law?
SAP has remained the market leader in the ERP software provision market for decades. Why does it have such a dominant position, and how likely is it to be maintained over time in an era of cloud computing? What are the key differentiators (technological, organisational, managerial and in terms of relationships) that will allow it to adapt and stay ahead of other similar vendors?
Write a report explaining why Jan may be encountering the difficulties he is facing and to make recommendations as to how he should proceed, in order to implement this change successfully.
Part 3a) Critically analyse Pain assessment strategies 25% Approximately 500 words, supported with current and relevant evidence whilst adhering to UWS referencing guidance.
Critically discuss at least two helping skills approaches/ models/ frameworks that you could potentially use in that situation. Select one of these helping skills approaches/ models/ frameworks and describe in detail why you find it the most appropriate to use in the situation. Finally, critically reflect on the lessons that can be learnt from using such an approach in that context. (2500 words)
Students must explore the SimVenture business simulation package and, working as a team, trade a company for at least 24 consecutive months. You can have each team member oversee a functional area. You can also consider whether there should be an overall Managing Director.
Create an online blog based around a relevant topic for this module (see below for guidance), and submit a supporting document (750 words)
Using your case study as the example, critically reflect on the ways in which the theories and critical debates from the lectures and your own reading, help you to explore the complexity of the issuue
LO2. Analyse realistic management problems based on analysis of data sets and case materials.
Write a research proposal, of no more than 2500 words in length, on a subject of your choice. Use the suggested structure below as a guide. The proposal should be wholly quantitative research.
The “CVD dataset” data set consists of a sample of 479 patients aged 40 and over drawn from patients in Norwich who agreed to take part in a GP’s survey 20 years ago. The GP measured various characteristics of a sample of the patients in her practice in 1998. Her practice is in a deprived area of Norwich.
• Evaluate, develop and reflect on personal enterprise and entrepreneurial skills and attitudes to improve employability.
Produce a reflective essay of 1,500 words in which you will explore and evaluate your entrepreneurial capabilities and employability skills. You will present an argument how lectures and seminars helped you to achieve the desired outcomes and how you will deal with a similar situation in the future.
Produce a reflective essay of 1,500 words in which you will explore and evaluate your entrepreneurial capabilities and employability skills. You will present an argument how lectures and seminars helped you to achieve the desired outcomes and how you will deal with a similar situation in the future.
A. PC Potter, a police officer, was investigating a series of thefts from shops in Hogsmeade`s shopping mall. He observed Hermione walk into Minerva`s Mobiles and then immediately leave again. PC Potter thought that this looked suspicious so he followed Hermione down the street and asked her why she had left the shop in such a hurry.
What specific legislation or policy is relevant to your current work setting and what reference is made to Inter-professional and/ or multi agency working ?
Critically review the construction industry markets to identify the sectors that are likely to be sustainable in the long term.
1 A critical review the key parameters, advantages and disadvantages for selecting a project with particular focus on the proposed HS2 tender.
Critically discuss and debate relevant issues. The essay should not be purely a descriptive presentation of facts and information, but a discussion that includes various different viewpoints and perspectives.
Demonstrate you have undertaken academic research to gather knowledge and insight in relation to the areas covered in your essay. This means using reliable and relevant in-text references to support your arguments and claims.
In your view, what are the three most important changes companies should make to improve the effectiveness of their marketing? Use evidence and examples to support your arguments.
You are to investigate a contemporary issue for children’s services. You must draw on current childhood research, reports and theory and make recommendations for practice
What have been the impacts on ‘democracy’ of the extraordinary changes seen in IT in our lifetimes