MODULE LEARNING OUTCOMES
On successful completion of the module, you will be able to:
1. Consider key concepts in language use, diasporas and transnational communities
2. Reflect upon the impact on language of discrete communities by diasporas and indigenous and transnational communities.
3. Consider the attitudes to language of diasporas and transnational communities by their own and indigenous communities. Analyse the language of individuals and/or communities.
4. Express a range of ideas using appropriate spoken and written English, demonstrating understanding of academic writing conventions and styles as specific to the subject discipline.
5. Demonstrate appropriate academic integrity, avoiding plagiarism and/or collusion and/or other forms of academic misconduct, by use of citation and reference as appropriate for the degree subject, using their own academic voice.
6. Demonstrate evidence of reflection on performance on a piece of work by implementing feedback given, and demonstrating this in subsequent work.
7. Demonstrate appropriate use of technology to facilitate studies, e.g. use of information resources, production of coursework, communication with tutors and peers.