BUS601 Strategic Management - Assignment Brief
- 25 academic refererences
- business document ( abstract)/ Business report
- headings, subheadings, illustrations, example, introduction, summary, comtent page
Choose any one of these 3 groups of companies:
- Berkeley Group
- Virgin Group
- Volkswagen Group
- Critically analyse and discuss the way in which the chosen group deals with environmental changes such as those faced in the 2008 – 2010 financial crisis. In your analysis you should conduct Macro, Competitive and Micro environmental analysis.
Conduct environmental Analysis- MACRO, competitive, MICRO
- Analyse and discuss the groups portfolio strategy and identify a significant Strategic Business Unit, OR if one is not easily separable, Critically evaluate their divisional strategy and “create your own SBU”. Develop and produce a detailed situational review for this SBU. Carry out your own resource assessment and present a complete set of SBU strategies emphasising on the following:
-BGG matrix to identify which SBU for company’s portfolio, use resource approach
-lookhow division works
- don’t conduct a swot analysis of SBU
LOOK RESOURCES COMPANY HAS THEN CHOOSE JUSTIFCATION FOR a., b., c.
a. Generic Posture- strategies (generic strategy- business level, see lecture notes. Choose one ex. Porters or bowman’s strategic clock)
b. Product- Market Strategy- Ansof & Matrix (COST leadership)
c. Directional Strategy- figure out (BCG matrix, GE Matrix or etc.
- Carry out a detailed and insightful SWOT analysis. Identify, justify, and appraise the significance of the Critical Success Factors you have identified (you may use an alternative framework such as Key Strategic Imperatives or both). Clarify any assumptions you have made. Identify and defend your choice of what you believe are the strategic drivers.
- conduct swot analysis
- which drivers drive the company?
- What is the critical success factor?
- What drives strategy for it is?
Develop and argue for 2 strategic options (ways forward) or significant divergences from current strategy based on these Critical Success Factors. Select one and justify your choice using the Framework of Suitability, Feasibility, and Acceptability criteria.
Order Now: 100% Plagiarism Free- 100% Custom Written