CRITICALLY ANALYSED ASSIGNMENT
Topic- GENETICALLY MODIFIED FOOD
1. Demonstrate a critical understanding of the nature and significance of attribute that influence risk perception and acceptance.
2. Critically evaluate the influence risk in decision making processes
3. Appraise contemporary risk management process models in the identification, analysis, evaluation and treatment of risk and apply to contextual situation.
4. Make critical judgements about the influence of risk in decision making processes taking account of uncertainty.
DESCRIPTION OF THE TASK
SECTION 1: Risk Perception
Critique of the safety and /health and/ environmental risk perception by different stakeholders
( Farmers, consumers, Food Industry/ producers, Government and NGO’s, Media, Scientist/Researchers, Academia and Policy makers) involved .
N.B- The risk perception of the different stakeholders should be discussed saperately: Evidence found should be used for your briefing note. ( the stakeholders can be selected rom different countries)
SECTION 2: Risk Analysis and Management
Synthesis of evidence in the form of a BRIEFING NOTE for a particular stakeholder (FAO) to decide on the ‘best policy’. Case study of China or USA
N.B- The following formate should be used-
· Issue- (purpose/topic)
· Background ( details reader needs in order to understand what follows)
· Current status
· Key consideration ( summary of important fact, consideration and developments)
· Options (Next step)
· Conclusion and Recommendation
SECTION 3: Risk Communication
Produce a piece of public material in form of a poster addressing your perception of risk for the GMFs