Title: Clinical Anatomy and Physiology
Answer TWO questions.
1. Describe the microscopic and macroscopic structure of muscle. (10 marks) Explain the specialised healing process that occurs post muscle strain. Use supporting evidence throughout (25 marks).
2. Describe the mechanical properties of ligaments (10 marks). Explain, in detail, the overlapping phases of healing and give local and global factors that affect each of these phases of healing (25 marks).
3. Explain the pathophysiological differences of tendinitis and tendinosis (25 marks). What are the clinical implications in establishing the correct diagnosis in relation to these pathologies (10 marks)?
Answer ALL THREE questions. Lower limb:
4. `The knee is a hinge joint`. Using your knowledge of anatomy, discuss this statement. (10 marks)
5. Analyse the spin, roll and/or glide of the glenohumeral joint during the physiological movements of abduction and flexion (10 marks). Trunk:
6. Analyse the structures which limit rotation in the lumbar spine and the functional importance of this limitation (10 marks)