Instructions on Assessment:
Understanding appropriate methods for achieving organisation improvement through change should be an integral part of a manager’s role.
This involves reviewing, improving and where appropriate, changing existing operational processes and work methods.
This assignment requires you to conduct an investigation within your organisation, or an organisation of your choice, in order to identify ways of
improving organisational performance through recommending and justifying change.
Your assignment should explicitly identify costs, risks and any mitigating arguments of implementing the change recommendations.
A 3000 (+10%) word report is required:
- Identify an opportunity to introduce change (e.g. revise a current process/procedure which could be improved, or identify an opportunity to introduce a new process/procedure/product/service)
- Note the inputs, transforming operations and outputs of this process/procedure/process or service (or what they would be)
- Identify the triggers and forces for change
- Discuss how you would create readiness for change
- Discuss and justify the approach you would adopt to implement the change
- Clearly present recommendations for change and specify any risks and costs these would have. Your recommendations should address how you would ensure a quality outcome.