Developing the Modern Web
Module Learning Outcomes Assessed
1. Install, configure and secure a web server ready for non-static content. Understand issues when setting-up web servers.
2. Identify from a variety of technologies to produce a range of standards based websites, incorporating multimedia contents.
3. Understand advantages of dynamic websites; Design and build data-driven dynamic websites that utilise both server-side and client-side scripting language technologies.
Reports and Submissions
The submission is in 3 parts and will be assessed using the module grading rubric: Reflective report You must submit a reflective report for the website you created.
The word limit for your report is 1,500 words.
Your report must:
1. Consider what you have learnt over the term.
2. Discuss each of the technologies you have used in creating the website.
3. Be reflective. For example, you must discuss how your website was built in this way, and what you would do differently in the future.
4. Make good use of illustrative examples such as screenshots and code snippets.
5. On the cover page of your report, you must clearly mark a link to your Coventry University GitHub repository (github.coventry.ac.uk) where the source codes of your website can be accessed.
You must NOT use the public GitHub repository (github.com)