You are a public health nutrition consultant. Your local health authority has asked you to develop a public health nutrition programme to tackle one of the following:
• Supporting breastfeeding
• Iron deficiency anaemia in children
• Vitamin D deficiency in adults
You must ensure your programme (this can be based in the UK or internationally, but you need to specify local area and target group focused on with justification) clearly analyses and justifies the theory behind it and explains how stakeholders will be used in the development of your public health nutrition programme.
Present a clear summary of your intervention as a poster.
The intended learning outcomes are that on completion of this module the student should be able to:
1. Justify the importance of public health nutrition interventions from a national and international perspective.
2. Critically analyse public health nutrition programmes, the evidence and theory behind their development and implementation.
3. Critically evaluate the roles and influences of stakeholders within public health programme development and implementation.
4. Plan and justify a public health nutrition programme, considering the needs of a specific population, evidence from behaviour change interventions and appropriate evaluation.