International Financial Management
Weighting within the module
Word limit/presentation criteria
Learning Outcomes to be assessed
(from module spec.)
- To examine the impact of such factors as exchange rates, inflation rates and interest rates on the performance of firms and to assess their significance in decision making in an international market/global context
- To critically evaluate principles and practices guiding financial management of the multinational enterprise
- To explore factors that differentiate multinational from domestic financial management
- To devise a risk management strategy to measure and hedge against variation in global financial market prices including financial crises
- To prepare students for the high risk high return environment of international finance
Details of the task
As specified below
a) You have been asked to prepare a summary of the following article to which you should include reflections from the perspective of a developing country:
Rob van Tulder (2015) Getting all motives right: a holistic
approach to internationalization motives of companies, The Multinational Business Review, Vol. 23 No. 1, pp. 36-56
- This article is available via the University e-journals site
- The main part of your submission should be the summary.
- You are not required to read or quote from any of the cited articles in the paper.
- You are not required to have specialist knowledge of developing countries beyond their treatment as contained in the lecture slides.
(1,000 words; 50%)
b) Consider the following scenarios for the balance of payments:
Scenario 1 Scenario 2
current a/c balance (100m) 100m
financial a/c balance 100m (100m)
Evaluate the arguments that developing countries should be Scenario 1 and developed countries Scenario 2 or should the relationship be the other way around?
- The lecture slides should be used as the basis of your answer.
- In your answer consider the effect of elasticities of imports and exports
(2,000 words; 50%)
Order Now: 100% Plagiarism Free - 100% Custom Written