The learning outcomes that are assessed by this coursework are:
1. To use Java to implement standard object-oriented designs given in UML.
2. Design and develop trustworthy software with an emphasis on quality, maintainability, correctness and robustness.
3. Make effective use of the Java SDK Application Programming Interfaces.
JavaFX Final Year Module Chooser GUI About this assessment This individual summative coursework counts 30% towards your module mark. The deadline for submitting your work via Blackboard is 23:59 Sunday 22nd April 2018. You must develop the GUI using JavaFX (and not any other Java framework such as Swing or AWT). Furthermore, you cannot use a GUI builder of any kind. Failure to meet either of these two requirements will result in an automatic mark of zero for this assignment.
The objective of this assessment is for you to demonstrate your ability to design and implement an OO system consisting of a set of Java classes, using advanced libraries within the Java SDK. In particular:
1. To study and correctly make use of a prebuilt student profile data model.
2. To build a suitable user interface using JavaFX 8 libraries.
3. To implement event handling procedures that provide a basis for an interactive and user-friendly system.
4. To adhere to standard principles of the Model-View-Controller (MVC) design pattern and appropriately decompose classes through abstraction and encapsulation.