The coursework consists of two components:
- Written analysis of ‘Investor Relations at Total’ (Harvard Business Review case) – 90 marks
- Evidence of write-up of remaining two Harvard Business Review cases discussed in class: Land Securities (A) and SKA Sweden – 10 marks
Investor Relations at Total:
This case examines the financial communication channels in an environment where there are diverse stakeholders with diverse needs; you are required to evaluate the effectiveness of the communication strategy (investor relations) in Total and the factors that they should consider in formulating this communication strategy. In your discussion, make sure to refer to the history that impacted the development of the strategy and the keys aspects of the communication strategy.
This is an individual assignment that should not exceed 1,500 words (excluding references and any appendices). It should be written in an essay form (no subheadings or bullet points). It must be word processed and presented as follows:
- Set the right margin at 4 cm and all other margins at 2.5 cm.
- Use font Times Roman 12 or similar and 1.5 line spacing.
- Paragraphs should be separated by a line space.
- Provide all references in correct format using the Harvard System of Referencing.
- Include an assignment front-sheet (available on StudySpace).
The remaining part of the coursework mark relates to the submission of the first two cases:
Land Securities (A)
You should attach the write-up of these two cases (no more than two pages per case) as an appendix to the Total case.
Both parts represent 50% of your overall mark (90 marks for Investor relations and 10 marks for other two cases).
Your coursework must be submitted as a Word document via Turnitin on StudySpace by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 7th. There is no need to hand in a hardcopy. Turnitin is a plagiarism checker. You can submit your work a few days before the deadline if you like, but you can only submit it once.
Non-submission will be given 0% and your overall mark for the module will be capped at 50%. Reassessed assignments will have their overall mark capped at 50%.
The question should be answered in an essay form and does not require section headings. Write in proper sentences and paragraphs and avoid bullet points and lists. Use quotations sparingly. Keep reminding yourself of the topics you need to cover so that you only include relevant information/arguments. Proof-read and use the spelling/grammar checker! Any concepts or ideas that you present based on evidence should be referenced.