INTRODUCTION TO SPORT & EXERCISE PSYCHOLOGY
Learning outcomes assessed:
1.) Demonstrate an introductory theoretical knowledge of the fundamental areas of sport and exercise psychology.
2.) Demonstrate a foundational understanding of the applicability of psychology in a range of sport, exercise and physical activity settings.
Guidance for this assessment
You are required to prepare and write a 2000 word review of an appropriate and relevant range of academic literature that evidence how psychological skills training can be used to improve sport or exercise performance.
Within your review, you will be required to:-
- Explain the nature of, and rationale for the studies/ papers/ literature you are reviewing
- Discuss how the studies/ papers/ literature you are reviewing have been conducted, what the findings were and what they mean
- Discuss how the studies/ papers/ literature supports, argues against or even contradicts each other
- Discuss your views of the studies/ papers/ literature in terms of quality, ease of understanding, relationship with other sources and their application to sport or exercise performance improvement
- Identify recommendations for what else is needed to further the sector’s understanding of this particular research area