Case Study Analysis
As regards the analysis of the case, each student is required to address the following discussion questions:
- What were the main corporate governance issues within this case?
- What does the theoretical, academic, professional or legal literature/regulation say on these issues? Were such events or features of your case consistent with or in contrast to the theoretical, academic, professional or legal literature/regulation?
- If the company/organisation addressed these issues, was the response appropriate? Did it address the fundamental issues at stake? If a response has yet to emerge, what would you expect a suitable response to be and why?
- Could similar events happen again in the UK today? Why? Do you think the current system of corporate governance and accountability in the UK is sufficient to deal with these issues?
- What were the general lessons learnt from this case? What have you as a student learnt about governance, risk and ethics from this case?
- Would you invest in this firm? Give the reasons for your decision.