Management and Organisational Behaviour (UAE intake)
An introduction ‘sets the scene’. By that I mean it introduces the topics and tries to engage the reader. For example, why are these topics important to managers and organisations? If you read the assignment brief carefully, you will see there are three topics mentioned:
1. The topics you choose (either Personality and individuals differences or Attitudes and job satisfaction. 2. Motivation at work and 3. Organisational behaviour. Briefly introduce each in turn.
Then the introduction should state the aim of the assignment and how it will be structured.
- Select one of the following paired areas below associated with Part 2 of the Human Dimension of the programme. Using theories and models from your research critically appraise and evaluate their relationship to Motivation at work.
- Personality and individual differences
- Attitudes and job satisfaction
- Analyse the impact that your selected topic will have on an employee’s motivation at work and to the Organisational Behaviour.
Consider, for example, why study the topics? How are they useful to organisations? How are they useful to managers? What are the key theories/models? Why is motivation important? How does a knowledge of the topics help (or hinder) employee motivation? Why are the topics important in understanding employee’s behaviour at work? Critique them i.e. what are the limitations? What might not work in this region? Etc. etc...