. To apply and practice business and life coaching in small groups in class sessions.
2. To reflect on the benefits of business and life coaching for personal or professional transformation in class discussions.
3. To reflect on experiences and knowledge of theory and approaches to coaching in the reflective paper.
This assignment is based on the experiential learning from your coaching practice done within class sessions and recorded in your workbook.
Coaching practice will take place in class sessions, in pairs, and/or trios, of ‘coach’, ‘client’. All participants will complete feedback forms for the coach to keep for reflection, improvement on practice, and for inclusion in the final submission.
The reflective report will consider both theory and practice of coaching practice, as discussed in class.
You need to write under the following headings (underlined and in bold) in your report.
The ideas listed under the headings below are suggestions to inspire further thought. This is experiential learning, so only you can best decide what you wish to write about under the headings.
1. Experience: What did you do as a coach? You could explore
the approaches, tools and techniques used in your coaching practice such as ‘rich pictures’, ‘scaling’, ‘life lines’ etc.
coaching models used such as GROW, TOGROW, and ACHIEVE etc. Page 1 of 4
2. Reflection: What are your reflections about what you did?
You could reflect on
the coaching relationship,
the use of directive and non-directive coaching,
the importance of contracting and ethical considerations,
the use of listening and questioning, playing back and clean language etc.
3. Making Sense of the Experience: What did you learn / conclude? You may have come to conclusion upon
the value of non-directive coaching and the use of language in coaching,
the usefulness of coaching tools and models,
the importance of contracts and ethics in the practice of coaching,
your own transformation as a coach through coaching practice experience.
4. Performing Differently: How will you use or apply your learning in your future?
You could consider
how you plan to use coaching in your future and whether coaching has a place in your future work life,
why organisations introduce coaching schemes and what the prerequisites are for success for such schemes,
how you might encourage a successful coaching programme in future businesses and enterprise,
Which elements of coaching you will continue to use in your future,
How your knowledge of coaching has contributed to changing you on a personal or
professional level etc.