For this assignment, you will write an essay based on your chosen novel from our list. While you will have the freedom to choose your focus and topic of your analysis, I will require the following:
- You are analyzing your novel; therefore, the paper should solely focus on your novel.
- Your final draft should be between 5-7 pages, or 1250 - 1750 words.
Evaluate the novel just as you did the short fiction. You may decide which approach you shall focus on in your analysis of the novel.
Once you have completed your novel notes, you will have much of the information you need to begin your paper. Some sample topics include:
- What is the major theme(s) in the novel? How does the author arrive at it, and how does this theme/theme(s) affect or shape the main character?
- Analyze how the supporting characters help us learn more about the main character of the novel.
- Evaluate the relationship between the time the novel was published and its relevance to society at that time.
- Choose a focus of your own. However, you MUST clear your topic with me in advance.