5. ASSESSMENT OF PROGRAM COST AND EFFICIENCY
- Are resources used efficiently?
- Is the cost reasonable in relation to the magnitude of the benefits?
- Would alternative approaches yield equivalent benefits at less cost?
4. ASSESSMENT OF PROGRAM OUTCOMES/IMPACT
- Are the outcome goals and objectives being achieved?
- Do the services have beneficial effects on the recipients?
- Do the services have adverse side effects on the recipients?
- Are some recipients affected more by the services than others?
- Is the problem or situation the services are intended to address made better?
3. ASSESSMENT OF PROGRAM PROCESS AND IMPLEMENTATION
- Are administrative and service objectives being met?
- Are the intended services being delivered to the intended persons?
- Are there needy but unserved persons the program is not reaching?
- Once in service, do sufficient numbers of clients complete service?
- Are the clients satisfied with the services?
- Are administrative, organizational, and personnel functions handled well?
2. ASSESSMENT OF PROGRAM DESIGN AND THEORY
- What clientele should be served?
- What services should be provided?
- What are the best delivery systems for the services?
- How can the program identify, recruit, and sustain the intended clientele?
- How should the program be organized?
- What resources are necessary and appropriate for the program?
1. ASSESSMENT OF NEED FOR THE PROGRAM
- What are the nature and magnitude of the problem to be addressed?
- What are the characteristics of the population in need?
- What are the needs of the population?
- What services are needed?
- How much service is needed, over what time period?
- What service delivery arrangements are needed to provide those services to the population?