1. Briefly explain why you have taken a course in technical writing.
2. Have you ever written a technical document before? If so, please provide a brief example of your writing. If not, what sort of technical writing do you think you would like to specialise in?
3. Find an example of technical writing which you consider poor.
A.Explain why you found the writing poor and
B.What could be done to improve it.
4. List five technical documents you have glanced at or read in the last week. These can include domestic as well as professional documentation.
A.Briefly describe each and then,
B.Discuss why the format, style and language used in each document might have been selected.
5. Write two paragraphs, each describing a product of your choice (e.g. a computer; a bicycle; a house).
A.-In the first paragraph, describe the product in terms of functionality.
B.-In the second paragraph describe the product in terms of appearance.
C.-Which paragraph do you feel uses more precise language? (Give specific examples).
D.-Why do you think you used more precise language in that paragraph?