1. Demonstrate the following knowledge and understanding
To demonstrate understanding of how international businesses operate within their strategic context
2. Demonstrate the following skills and abilities
To use appropriate research concepts and frameworks to evaluate international business practice
Apply your understanding of international business, market selection and entry modes to a specific organisation EG Group . Your report must be written about this organisation. You must seek approval from the Unit Coordinator if you wish to use a different UK company other than the one allocated to you. Please specify your reasons for doing so
You must evaluate the organisation’s current international strategy and recommend a new market to enter, the optimal entry mode to be used and any other relevant information you deem important.
Specifically, you should make sure you include, at minimum:
An evaluation of the current international strategy of the organisation
A justified recommendation for a suitable new market to enter with supporting evidence and reasoning
A justified recommendation for a suitable entry mode to use with supporting evidence and reasoning You will need to utilise both theoretical knowledge and necessary frameworks/tools relevant to the assessment alongside strong consideration of practical issues and potential obstacles. You need to apply your research skills to find information and literature on your selected company and potential markets
You should also consider and discuss any relevant global trends that may affect international expansion for your chosen business, including but not limited to Brexit, the impact of Covid-19 and changing global trends
1. The balance between market analysis and the actual planning/recommendations– ensure that your work is balanced with regards to analysis and recommendations. For example, do not use a lot of words summarising the analysis, at the expense of developing your recommendations and considering potential issues.
2. Clarity – planning needs to be very specific; stating that you will entry country X using entry mode Y is not enough. You need to explain the rationale behind your choices, the academic tools/frameworks used, the issues that you took into consideration and also demonstrate that you have given some thought to the implementation and implications of your recommendations.
3. Academic content – you are expected to include academic material into your report rather than relying upon online sources alone. You need to demonstrate an understanding of the theoretical background of international business through your citation of relevant academic content.