As part of the formal assessment for the programme you are required to submit an Enterprise and Entrepreneurship assessment. Please refer to your Student Handbook for full details of the programme assessment scheme and general information on preparing and submitting assignments.
After completing the module, you should be able to:
1. Interpret the role of entrepreneurship in the evolution of various types of business enterprise
2. Explain the requirements for setting up a sustainable business model in differing operational and competitive environments.
3. Identify the entrepreneurial skills required to turn specific business ideas into practical applications, and choose how they might be sourced
4. Produce and critically defend an effective business plan and debate its underlying business concepts and proposals.
5. Produce a persuasive presentation in support of a business plan.
Your assignment should include: a title page containing your student number, the module name, the submission deadline and a word count; the appendices if relevant; and a reference list in Arden University (AU) Harvard format. You should address all the elements of the assignment task listed below. Please note that tutors will use the assessment criteria set out below in assessing your work.
You must not include your name in your submission because Arden University operates anonymous marking, which means that markers should not be aware of the identity of the student. However, please do not forget to include your STU number.
Maximum word count:
Business Pitch 10 minutes presentation (equivalent 1500 words)
Please note that exceeding the word count by over 10% will result in a reduction in grade by the same percentage that the word count is exceeded.
30% of Overall Grade
Consider the following:
You are an Entrepreneur and plan to develop a new business venture. Investors have heard about your idea and want to know more. You are required to produce a strategic business plan (with the inclusion of academic references) explaining the business venture. In support of this you are to devise a 10-minute business pitch using a narrated PowerPoint.
Task 2 – Narrated PowerPoint
The narrated PowerPoint will complement the business plan but be creative and daring. This is your opportunity to sell your venture to potential investors. The layout and format of the PowerPoint is your choice but remember to make it exciting, it must grasp the investors’ attention. It will last no longer than 10 minutes.