As part of the formal assessment for the programme you are required to submit an Enterprise and Entrepreneurship assessment. Please refer to your Student Handbook for full details of the programme assessment scheme and general information on preparing and submitting assignments.
After completing the module, you should be able to:
1. Interpret the role of entrepreneurship in the evolution of various types of business enterprise
2. Explain the requirements for setting up a sustainable business model in differing operational and competitive environments.
3. Identify the entrepreneurial skills required to turn specific business ideas into practical applications, and choose how they might be sourced
4. Produce and critically defend an effective business plan and debate its underlying business concepts and proposals.
5. Produce a persuasive presentation in support of a business plan.
Your assignment should include: a title page containing your student number, the module name, the submission deadline and a word count; the appendices if relevant; and a reference list in Arden University (AU) Harvard format. You should address all the elements of the assignment task listed below. Please note that tutors will use the assessment criteria set out below in assessing your work.
You must not include your name in your submission because Arden University operates anonymous marking, which means that markers should not be aware of the identity of the student. However, please do not forget to include your STU number.
Consider the following:
You are an Entrepreneur and plan to develop a new business venture. Investors have heard about your idea and want to know more. You are required to produce a strategic business plan (with the inclusion of academic references) explaining the business venture. In support of this you are to devise a 10-minute business pitch using a narrated PowerPoint.
Task 1 – Business Plan
The business plan will include the main elements of a plan as identified in Lessons 6 and 7 of the learning materials with the inclusion of academic references:
• Executive summary
• The concept/Business Model
• You and your team’s entrepreneurial competences
• Objectives; expressed in SMART terms
• The Market: PESTEL factors
• The product
• Marketing the business: Segmentation, Targeting & Positioning
• Sales and operations
• Sales forecast
• Financial projections
• Strengths and risks of the business
• Closing summary
Within the plan emphasis will be placed on the following:
• The role you play as the entrepreneur. This will be communicated within the section on management expertise.
• The requirements for setting up a sustainable business model operating within external and competitive environments external and competitive environments.
• The skills required to turn the business idea into practical applications.
You must also include:
• References – to be to AU Harvard Standards.
• Appendix – to include a copy of the PowerPoint presentation