As part of the formal assessment for the programme you are required to perform a Group Presentation for International Management. Please refer to your Student Handbook for full details of the programme assessment scheme and general information on preparing and submitting assignments.
After completing the module you should be able to:
1. Understand the role of culture in international business including knowledge of the major policies.
2. Develop knowledge of key organisational and national cultural characteristics in order to manage successfully in diverse contexts.
3. Evaluate the challenge and opportunity of managing a diverse global workforce to create value and achieve organisational goals.
4. Understand the factors that contribute to the notion of a globalised economy demonstrating an awareness of ethically sound and accountable international policies.
5. Work effectively as a member of a global virtual team with practical application of cultural awareness, including team working skills.
You will be allocated to a group.
You are part of a global financial services company that has offices in, South Africa, Shanghai and Brazil. The head office is in Germany and the predominant organisational culture stems from there. Critically explore how the corporate organisational culture from head office might be affected when encountering the regional cultures that are present in each of its locations.
Use the group dynamics to explore the four countries, dividing them within the group equally and drawing on the resources made available during the module.
Individually write up your overall conclusions as to the effects and impact of regional cultural issues on the corporate organisational culture of any multinational company as it conducts its business internationally. Use examples from any sector and parts of the world to illustrate points that you make.