D2L Dropbox Due Date: Value: 20 % of final grade
CLO5: Explain the legislation regarding intellectual property, data protection, and privacy, including current legal trends in implementation and compliance to local laws.
The purpose of this assignment is to provide students with an opportunity to apply their course knowledge of Qatar Business Law. The assignment is an analysis and application of current and future trends in business laws and legal resources in Qatar.
In teams of 4 to 5 students (where the minimum is 4 and maximum is 5), students will design an INFOGRAPHIC based on Current Topics in Qatar Business Law related to: intellectual property, data protection, and privacy. It will also include current legal trends in implementation and compliance
Assumption: You are working in the Training Department and your General Manager asks you and your team to prepare an infographic to clearly summarize and explain the legal issues of the topic your team will train all the 500 employees in your company. Your company might have some employees who are familiar with the topic, but the majority of employees don’t know anything about this topic. You have to explain the topic in a way that is easy to understand and visually pleasant to eyes so that they are compelled to take interest in your chosen topic.
You are NOT writing paragraphs to explain the topic. You are presenting the information in a graphical way so that it is easy to understand.
- Each team will have a different topic to research on and create an infographic to use to train others. Potential Topics are listed on the next page.
- If two or more teams pick the same topic, a lucky draw will be used to decide the team.
- Topics for all teams should be approved by the instructor.
- Teams have the option choose a topic not in the list and get the instructor’s approval.
- Teams must email the Instructor the topic they have picked and the instructor will approve the topic by email.
An Infographic graphic visual is a representation of information, data, or knowledge and intended to present information quickly and clearly. Infographics can improve cognition by utilizing graphics to enhance the human visual system`s ability to see patterns and trends. An Infographic assists with understanding information, especially for visual learners.
- Qatar’s implementation of the TRIPS agreement and public health to protect patents
- What is Intellectual Property and what are the recent Intellectual Property legislative developments in Qatar?
- What is the role of the National Human Rights Committee in Qatar? Highlight three of the most important cases/issues they have dealt with.
- What role does the Administrative and Transparency Authority play in ensuring high ethical standards are followed?
- Qatari Law 13 is the “Personal Data Privacy Protection Law.” How effective is it for Data Protection in Qatar? How does it compare to the one or two GCC countries?
- Qatari Law 13 is the “Personal Data Privacy Protection Law.” How effective is it to protect Privacy Rights in Qatar.
- What are the major changes in Qatar’s foreign workers laws? Are any new foreign workers laws expected to be introduced in the next two years in Qatar.
- What minimum wage laws being proposed in Qatar? Why?
- Briefly explain the laws for foreign ownership in Qatar and how are they being changed?
- What are “Free Zones” and what laws will apply to businesses operating through Free Zones?
- What are the current trends related to social media laws and privacy in Qatar and investigate the compliance as of today?
- What is the current status of Law No. 14 of 2014 on Combating Cybercrime with the increased online crimes? Are any new laws being proposed to increase data protection?
- How Haya Portal works and how many different types of visitors can use Haya portal to visit Qatar?
- Propose a law/legal concept you would like to investigate – speak to your instructor to confirm
Be creative! You may be able to r e-use this infographic in the workplace!