TMA 01 tests the following learning outcomes:
Knowledge and understanding
- concepts, rules and principles of European Union law.
- apply legal principles to resolve identified issues
- organise and assimilate legal and factual material relating to EU law and express a reasoned personal view
- critically read, understand and discuss legal materials in the area of EU law.
This TMA is primarily designed to test your knowledge of Unit 1, 2 and 3 of Block 1. Although these units are relevant to this question, you may draw upon material from other units. You should consider carefully any related materials, such as legislation and case law or any other sources that you have read in your module materials, when answering this question.
You should make sure that your answer covers all the potential claims that Dieter could make in this scenario, including those against both his employer and the UK Government.
The scenario contains all of the facts known to you at the present time. Do not assume additional facts not given in the question. In answering this question you should:
- Think about the structure of your answer.
- Identify the relevant law.
- Apply each element of the relevant law to the facts of the case, giving reasons to explain why you think each element of the law is or is not satisfied.
- Ensure that you include the relevant law to the right part of the question and do not repeat information unnecessarily in both parts.
- Conclude by deciding what options (if any) are available to Dieter in each of the situations.
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written - Tailored to Your Instructions