In the promotional article “Ten Key Logistics and Supply Chain Trends to Watch in 2016” (see link below), Professor John Manners-Bell forecasted a number of developments that would impact on supply chain practices of organisations. Taking a cue from this article, identify and analyse four key trends that will impact on global supply chain strategies in 2017 as follows:
- Select an industry of your choice and justify its suitability for your analysis.
- Describe this industry, its products, customer types, operations and the nature of its supply chain.
- Critically analyse the four trends you have identified in terms of how they represent supply chain threats as well as opportunities for your chosen industry.
- Drawing upon supply chain theories and concepts, critically evaluate the options that supply chain managers should consider in addressing the four trends.
Required content and presentation
- An executive summary of no more than 300 words
- A clear introduction, main body, summary and conclusion.
- The main body should have thematic headings and subheadings (numbering is optional), and contain:
- Evidence of academic research – referenced theories, frameworks, concepts.
- Specific industry examples using recent cases, events and/or developments.
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written - Tailored to Your Instructions