HR3024 Evaluating Human Resource Management
Essay Title: Select one of the following:
- Critically explore the extent to which policies associated with work life balance and family friendly initiatives serve the interests of the organisation as opposed to their employees
- Critically evaluate how HRM and workplace people management practices influence and reinforce the ‘management’ of an organisation’s culture.
- In a report for Government, employee engagement has been described as a ‘workplace approach designed to ensure that employees are committed to their organisation’s goals and values, motivated to contribute to organisational success and are able at the same time to enhance their own sense of well being’ (Macleod and Clarke 2009, p.9). Review the statement and evaluate whether and how human resource practices can influence the engagement of employees at work.
Before attempting to answer this question, reflect on the following brief notes to remind you what is required in an essay:
- Carefully read the question to make sure you are clear what you are being ask to do
- An essay is a structured piece of academic work that requires you to logically and rationally argue the issue that is the subject of the essay
- An essay should be a structured piece of work containing an introduction, the ‘body’ of the text containing the main arguments, and a conclusion summing up those arguments.
- The essay must be fully referenced using the Harvard system and contain a full reference list or bibliography containing all material cited in the essay.
- We will discuss the above points in the taught sessions.
- Evidence of a well-structured analysis clearly related to the question;
- Evidence of wider reading, drawing upon appropriate material to support, illustrate and develop the analysis that is being put forward;
- Ability to reflect critically on and apply theory to practice using appropriate evidence and examples
- Ability to reference properly and accurately.