General Assessment Guidance
• Your summative assessment for this module is made up of this Coursework submission which accounts for 100% of the marks.
• Please note late submissions will not be marked.
• You are required to submit all elements of your assessment via Turnitin online access. Only submissions made via the specified mode will be accepted and hard copies or any other digital form of submissions (like via email or pen drive etc.) will not be accepted.
• For coursework, the submission word limit is 2500 words. You must comply with the word count guidelines. You may submit LESS than 2500 words but not more. Word Count guidelines can be found on the Assessment tab for your module.
• Do not put your name or contact details anywhere on your submission. You should only put your student registration number (SRN) which will ensure your submission is recognised in the marking process.
• A total of 100 marks are available for this module assessment, and you are required to achieve minimum 50% to pass this module.
• You are required to use only Harvard Referencing System in your submission. Any content which is already published by other author(s) and is not referenced will be considered as a case of plagiarism.
You can find further information on Harvard Referencing in the online library. You can use the following link to access this information: http://bpp.libguides.com/Home/StudySupport
• BPP University has a strict policy regarding authenticity of assessments. In proven instances of plagiarism or collusion, severe punishment will be imposed on offenders. You are advised to read the rules and regulations regarding plagiarism and collusion in the GARs and MOPP which are available on The Hub in the Academic registry section (found via Help & Support).
• You should include a completed copy of the Assignment Cover sheet. Any submission without this completed Assignment Cover sheet may be considered invalid and not marked.
2. Assessment Brief
The required submission for this assignment is a 2500 words “Personal Effectiveness Report”. Your report will analyse different business leaders’ personal effectiveness skills, evaluate social media platforms, and analyse methods of enhancing personal effectiveness.
Students are required to complete Three tasks:
1. Analyse key competencies of different business leaders
2. Evaluate social media platforms
3. Analyse methods of enhancing personal effectiveness using social media
The Learning Outcomes that you have to meet in order to pass this assessment are:
(LO1) Critically evaluate how people learn for professional development.
(LO2) Appraise the key skills and behaviours required to be effective in a professional context.
(LO3) Demonstrate understanding of a range of methods of supporting personal effectiveness in a professional environment.
Your Personal Effectiveness Report should contain the following:
You should begin by an introduction to concept of personal effectiveness.
You should also give a brief overview of tasks 1, 2 and 3.
Using the CEO Genome Project ONLY, assess how different business leaders demonstrate or lack key skills or behaviours of personal effectiveness.
N.B. To support your answer, you should refer to case studies and use additional reading resources from this module. You should also include ideas from articles on wider leadership concepts and personal effectiveness from the online library.
(This task meets LO2) (Total marks for Task 1: 30% weighting)
1) Describe the role of social media platforms in learning.
2) Critically evaluate the ability of social media platforms to enhance learning for professional development. You should consider platforms such as LinkedIn, Google Docs or YouTube, and your evaluation should examine positive and negative aspects.
- You should support this evaluation with references to additional reading resources from this module. You should also include ideas from articles in the online library.
(This task meets LO1) (Total marks for Task 2: 30% weighting)
1) Conduct a self-assessment (by applying a Personal SWOT analysis, Covey’s 7 Habits questionnaire or Ryff’s Six-Factor test) to identify areas of improvement for your personal effectiveness.
2) Based on the results of your self-assessment, analyse methods for enhancing your personal effectiveness using social media platforms in a professional environment.
N.B. You should support your answer with references to additional reading resources from this module. You should also include ideas from articles in the online library.
(This task meets LO3) (Total marks for Task 3: 30% weighting)
You will need to summarise the key points of the assessment tasks.
You should end with a concluding statement on the main topic of the report.
Your business report should contain the following:
• BPP assignment cover sheet (including SRN and word count)
• Business report title page
• Contents page
• Introduction (250 words)
• Task 1 (800 words)
• Task 2 (600 words)
• Task 3 (600 words)
• Conclusion (250 words)
• References (Correct Harvard Referencing applied throughout, including in-text citation and reference list)
• Appendices (if required)
• Glossary (optional)