This module aims primarily to ensure that students understand the nature and meaning of corporate strategy and can assess the strategic position of corporations operating in complex global markets.
The assignment aims to develop student’s understanding of global business strategies, the formulation and implementation of global strategies.
LO 1 Critically evaluate international and global strategy;
LO2 Apply strategic models and theories to evaluate global strategy formulation and implementation
LO 3 Analyse different strategies for international expansion
This assignment is a critical analysis and evaluation of an organisation seeking to expand their business internationally in which you need to detail the formulation of a strategy and its implementation plan. Carry out a full strategic analysis and evaluation of your chosen organisation’s current strategic position in its industry and critically evaluate the international strategies the company can adopt in international markets and analyse the different modes of entering international markets.
Use appendices to provide supporting evidence and make sure that you integrate key points from the appendices into your answers.
- Introduce the purpose and structure of the report including brief overview of the company you have chosen.
- Apply strategic models and frameworks to evaluate the strategic management process of your company
- From the analysis in point 2, critically evaluate the global strategies of your company in international markets.
- Analyse the different entry strategies your company adopts for international expansion.
- Recommend strategies to increase the company’s competitiveness in international markets.
1. You are required to work effectively to determine an appropriate structure and layout for the work.
2. Your report should include and apply key theories, models, and concepts relevant to the requirements of the assignment task and be based on your chosen global company
Your work will be assessed on the extent to which it demonstrates your achievement of the stated learning outcomes for this assignment (see above) and against other key criteria, as defined in the University’s institutional grading descriptors. If it is appropriate to the format of your assignment and your subject area, a proportion of your marks will also depend upon your use of academic referencing conventions.
This assignment will be marked according to the grading descriptors for Level 6.