201LON Data Interpretation
End-of-module Coursework: Research Report
Write a report on the statistical relationship that you find between the stock price of the company that you have been assigned and the following three variables: the FTSE, the US$/GB£ exchange rate and the 10 year Gilt interest rate. The study should be based upon daily data over a 2 year period and a comparison should be made between the results from a similar study based upon month end data. Your assigned company will appear in the excel file posted to moodle for this purpose in week 2 of the term.
Word count: 1,500 – 2,000 words in core text excluding tables and diagrams.
- Your data analysis must test hypotheses and include:
- Describing the relationships found within the time series
- Comparisons between the two time series
- Organise and visualise your data and results clearly, using tables and figures as appropriate.
- Explain your findings clearly.
- Draw conclusions from your findings. This may include recommendations where appropriate, depending on your topic.
- All statistical workings (computer output) must be shown in the appendix. Failure to do this will substantially reduce the total marks awarded to your study.
- Explain the use of your study, justify why it is interesting to do.
- State your overall research question(s) / objective(s).
- State and shortly justify your hypotheses
- Data and Research Methods
- Explain the metrics of your survey –sample size, periodicity, where gathered, etc.
- Test your hypotheses and provide your findings here.
- Summarise your findings in a professional way. Lengthy tables should be appended.
- Conclusion and Recommendations
Front matters include:
- Title page
End matters include:
See the excel file detailing the rubrics that will be used for the purpose of marking your paper. This file will be posted to moodle by the 2nd week of the term