DESCRIPTION OF ASSESSMENT
What key work-related concepts managers should consider in order to develop managerial approaches that could motivate people display suitable attitudes and behaviours towards innovation processes?
Points to discuss:
* • Demonstrate that ‘the physical toil of manufacturing is being replaced by a world where we work more with our heads than our hands’ (Sewell, 2005).
* • Discuss how the knowledge turn has also led to changes in working arrangements and expectations from workers.
* • Examine the role of management practices in supporting organizational creativity and innovation.
Points to remember:
* • Specify your sources clearly in the assignment. We recommend that you segment your assignment by using meaningful headings and sub-headings.
* • Be as specific and clear as possible in explaining and supporting your claims.
* • Use examples, well-chosen quotes and data as appropriate.
* • Your assignment should include both a description and an analysis/interpretation, with emphasis on the latter. The linkage to course concepts should be explicit. Although you need not explain or describe the course concepts in great depth, you should describe them briefly and provide references/citations to their sources. Explicitly mention (and reference) course materials that are directly relevant to your analysis. The best way for you to demonstrate your mastery of course concepts is to apply them appropriately in your analysis, explaining their relevance.