Assessment 1. Individual essay (50%)
Your essay should answer the following question:
In your view, what are the three most important changes companies should make to improve the effectiveness of their marketing? Use evidence and examples to support your arguments.
In your essay, you should:
• Demonstrate you have undertaken academic research to gather knowledge and insight in relation to the areas covered in your essay. This means using reliable and relevant in-text references to support your arguments and claims.
• Critically discuss and debate relevant issues. The essay should not be purely a descriptive presentation of facts and information, but a discussion that includes various different viewpoints and perspectives.
• Use relevant business, industry or other relevant examples to demonstrate how the issues discussed in the essay impact consumers, business or other relevant stakeholders. It is recommended to use a smaller number of examples and go into further depth with each to demonstrate knowledge and understanding.
• It is essential you provide multiple perspectives and research extensively into the three chosen areas of focus.
• You are also required to provide suitable and relevant practical (e.g. business and industry) examples.
• You will need to engage with relevant academic literature, key concepts and specific secondary data to help you develop a critical discussion underpinned by academic rigour.
• You may structure your essay in any way that is logical and ensures you connect the different areas you write about succinctly. You are recommended to use clear subheadings to help structure your essay.
• Your essay must include an Introduction and a Conclusion section.
• You may use tables, however tables must not contain more than 150 words and must not be used to disguise the word count.
• No appendices should be submitted with this essay.
• You should not use bullet points in the essay.