Introduction to marketing activities undertaken by a wide range of organisations (business, government, profit, non profit); examines
marketing theory, the marketing concept and its evolution from a strategic and applied perspective. The development of corporate and
marketing strategic plans; analysis of an organisation and marketing`s role, value-exchange processes, buyer behaviour, marketing
research and market analysis, the marketing environment, the use of marketing decision making tools; product concepts, strategies
and development; distribution, pricing and communication mix strategies; services marketing; marketing management, implementation
and control processes and procedures.
- The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- describe the key concepts upon which the practice of marketing is based
- recognise these concepts in the marketplace and in everyday life
- discuss the role and influence of marketing in the organisational environment
- discuss how key marketing concepts can be used in analysing a range of marketing problems.