Project Critique Assignment
The task requires you to choose ONE of the project reports provided.
A critique involves identifying the component detailed in each of the sections below, describing the strengths and weaknesses in each section and providing your ideas for how the section could be improved, if appropriate.
The areas to be evaluated are:
- The title and description of the problem
- The initial hypotheses/solutions proposed
- An evaluation of the main body of the report, identifying:
- Difficulties met and how they were overcome
- Evidence of the application of the Scientific Method
- Reflection and conclusions at the completion of the project
The task will also require a separate section to be written that covers the possible risks associated with the development of the project. Risk includes:
- Risk to any stakeholders identified as an outcome of this project, successful or not
- Risk which could affect the successful completion of the project
The submission must include the following:
Section 1: Project Description (250 words)
This section must include:
- Your interpretation of the problem the project attempts to solve
- A description of the hypotheses posed and solutions to be attempted initially
- Your opinion on the approach initially postulated and whether this reflects the references specified in the report.
This section should identify the following and discuss:
- how solutions were attempted, tested, evaluated
- how hypotheses were validated, modified or rejected based on this evaluation
- whether Scientific Method was followed
- your opinion on the suitability and success of the work outlined