- Your web design consultancy company has been invited to tender for the design of a web site for a newly formed business/organization.
- As part of the tender process you are required to present a proposal to the management team of the company.
- If your proposal is eventually accepted, you will be asked to develop a proto type of your design in WordPress in Assignment 2.
- The client’s business category/model will be supplied to you via email in the first week of the semester (along with your cloudaccess.net/WordPress credentials).
- Your design proposal MUST address the specific and unique needs of the business category/model you have been assigned. You are also required to ensure that both your Assignments 1 and 2 meet the criteria to be classed within, and is directly related to, the business category assigned to you. Failure to do so will result in your assignments being rejected and no marks will be allocated to them.
- You have been asked to do some preliminary research into the needs of the company and then demonstrate your capabilities and what you and your company can offer.
- Your company has been told from the outset that the website must incorporate a highend and responsive web design that provides a great user experience while creating an atmosphere of trust and professionalism.
- You sent the management of the business a questionnaire and interviewed them for more information about the project and their requirements.
- You analysed the information they provided and promised to send them a proposal in the next few days.
- Prepare a professional web design and development proposal in the form of a PowerPoint presentation (25-30 slides) that will inform and impress the client.
- Include speaker’s notes for each slide, as well as images, graphics, tables, animations, etc. where appropriate.
- Do not include citations in your slides. Place all your sources of reference on your final slide.
Your PowerPoint presentation slides should include (but are not confined to):
- Table of contents
- Preliminary research findings
- Demonstrate that you know the client and you understand what they want.
- This is the first step in appealing to the client’s individual needs.
- Your capabilities
- Present your capabilities by referring back to the client’s needs and state your relevant experience.
- Provide previous examples/references
- Major components
- Web Design
- Overall design strategy
- Site name registration
- Site design, features and functionalities
- Content Management System
- Custom Programming
- Major web technologies
- Web promotion, SEO and analytics
- Website maintenance
- Costs and deliverables
- Provide cost and deliverable information based on the information you have.
- Propose a detailed timeline for the work.
- Contact information
Attach the PowerPoint file using the naming convention below, to your online assignment submission in the Assignment 1 area on the CIS5101 StudyDesk before midnight Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on the day the assignment is due.
[lastname] / [initial] _ [student number] _ [course code] _ assign1.docx
Please note that:
- The following is the USQ Assessment – Assignment (Late Submission) and Compassionate and Compelling Circumstances procedure that relate to Extensions and Late Assignments.
- Students seeking extensions for any Assignment work must provide appropriate documentation to support their request before the due date of the assignment (see points 4.3 and 4.4 in the Assessment of Compassionate and Compelling Circumstances Procedures above to see what is considered as Compassionate and Compelling reason for an extension and the level of documentation that will be needed).
- An Assignment submitted after the due date without an approved extension of time will be penalised. The penalty for late submission is a reduction by five percent (5%) of the maximum Mark applicable for the Assignment, for each University Business Day or part Business Day that the Assignment is late. An Assignment submitted more than ten (10) University Business Days after the due date will have a Mark of zero recorded for that Assignment.
- The StudyDesk Assignments submission tool will accept late assignments up until 23:55pm on the 10th University Business Day after the due date.