Rob Heywood, in “RIP Sidaway: patient-oriented disclosure – a standard worth waiting for?” (2015) 23 Medical Law review 455-66, remarks that “Possibly the most remarkable thing about Sidaway  AC 871 is that it was allowed to lurk in the background for so long”.
Discuss Heywood’s comment in light of the case law following Sidaway, and Montgomery v Lanarkshire Health Board .
- Look at the two cases and the source the quote is from
- It is important to look at the shift in the two cases.
- Journal articles are essential. 5+ needed
- Essay needs to be academic
- Critical analysis of quote
- Evaluate quote in light of cases