Read all instructions and grading rubric carefully before writing this assignment. You are responsible for having read and understood documents.
Topic: Documents Related to Israel’s Founding
YOUR MAIN GOAL: In Chapter 4, Gelpe (2013) examines 6 documents that were crucial to the establishing of the State of Israel. After you thoroughly review the excerpts of all 6 documents, choose 2 documents that you found particularly interesting or important, explain the role each document you chose played in the establishment of the State of Israel, and provide an explanation of 1 of the most important provisions of each of the documents you addressed.
2 Documents I Have Chosen:
- “United Nations General Assembly Resolution 181 (II), Future Government of Palestine (November 29, 1947) – UN Partition Plan” – Begins on pages 51-55.
- “Declaration of the Establishment of the State of Israel, 5708-1948” – Begins on page 55-58.
***Further Instructions on Assignment:
Please follow instructions above and grading rubric very thoroughly and carefully. Make sure this assignment has a brief Introduction (including thesis statement), Body, and brief Conclusion. Must be formatted in current Turabian style and include a title and a bibliography page. Make sure to include (correct) page numbers for citations. NO PLAGIARISM as I will check if it is OR not. DO NOT STRAY FROM WHAT THIS ASSIGNMENT IS ASKING; MAKE SURE TO COVER ALL AREAS BEING ASKED (AS DISCUSSED AND INSTRUCTED ABOVE). Remember, this is a graduate (Master’s) level assignment, so make sure that it is – Graduate level academic writing on this assignment is very important.
ONLY use the sources I’ve asked (below).
It is important to write persuasively and think critically as well as thinking outside the box.
***Further Instructions on Sources: I will upload the sources you will need to complete this assignment. Be sure to cite these sources (include the correct page number as well for each references/citations). You may have to do further outside research to fully complete this assignment; however, before you do, I suggest going through the sources below first, and then decide if outside research is needed. Nonetheless, please stick with current Turabian style guidelines.
- PDF file “Chapter 4, Legal History”. Be sure to cite from the PDF file as well. All citations MUST be appropriate (and include correct page number).
- Video/Voice Memo “Israel as a Jewish State”.
- PDF file “The Legal and Policy Implications of the Possibility of Palestinian Statehood”.
- PDF file “The Declaration of Independence as a Basic Document of the State of Israel”.
- PDF file “The Claim for Recognition of Israel as a Jewish State”.
- PDF file “The State of Israel`s Constitution”.
- Lastly, be sure to incorporate the Judeo-Christian worldview/analysis as well as 2 biblical scriptures/principles.