Evaluate how the organization is making its strategy work and the related implementation issues.
You should undertake internet based independent research on your chosen organization. You should only use material drawn from credible sources such as: academic articles and texts; annual reports; industry surveys; quality market research data bases, e.g., Mintel; quality newspaper and business periodicals, e.g., the FT and even corporate biographies. You should not use unreliable sources such as non-reviewed websites, e.g., Wikipedia, Mindtools, 10 Days MBA
The word limit is; 2,250 (I will accept submissions of up to 10% in excess of this limit i.e. up to 2,475). This limit excludes appendices (please keep these to a minimum) and your references.
You must prepare a separate Appendix (maximum one page providing some basic information about the organization. –e.g. Products/services, market served, basic financial information, culture, structure, etc. (Appendix is not part of your word count).
Please set your assignment out in the format of a management report using: clear headings for each section.
This assignment – deals with how organisations implement their strategy and the role of culture, leadership, influencing stakeholders and related concepts in the success or failure of that strategy.
This assignment is “live” and organization based. That is ‘making strategy happen’ and the challenges of implementation of strategy. Obviously, these are related to strategy formulation and option choice.
- Using appropriate academic models and relevant case information from your research explain how the organization is making its strategy work? (30%)
- Using appropriate academic models and relevant case information evaluate and analyse specific capabilities the organization has/ or may not have in meeting implementation challenges? (30%)
- What is your overall assessment? Are there particular key success or failure factors? Why? (25%)
- Presentation, structure and link to the literature of your report. (15%)
Some Specific Guidelines ():
- Do introduce what you are investigating, its purpose, its context and why you are using a particular concept. State your objective up front.
- Do be critical and reflective.
- Do be applied.
- Do make your discussion and argument coherent. Link them directly to issues raised.
- Do identify implications/lessons which arise from your evaluation.