CASE STUDY ASSIGNMENT
For this case study assignment, you will work in groups of one to three people to:
- Examine and explore the “data.xlsx” file and the associated data dictionary (“Data Dictionar.xlsx”).
- Come up with a research question and hypothesis that you would like to test using this data.
Test your hypothesis using “R”
- Your analysis should include descriptive statistics for all variables included in your analysis, bivariate tests between all explanatory variables and the outcome of interest, and a multivariable model that tests your primary research question while also controlling for confounders.
- Note: You might be conducting an “explanatory model” rather than a confounding model. Explanatory models are usually used to understand the variables associated with a single outcome rather than test whether a specific variable is associated with the outcome.
- Your R code should be extremely well documented (i.e., lots of comments to explain what each line and section are for)
- Your variables should be appropriately recoded.
- Your code should be free from error.
- Your results should be properly interpreted.
Write an academic paper using the provided template and instructions
- Double spaced
- Approximately 15 pages including title page, abstract, body of text, references, tables, and figures.
- Use IMRaD format (Introduction, Methods, Results, and Discussion)
- Results should, at minimum, provide
- 1 table providing descriptive statics for each variable included in your analysis.
- 1 table providing bivariate significance tests.
- 1 table providing a multivariable model.
- 1 figure that highlights an important component of your analysis.
- Use Vancouver Style references and in-text citations.
You should cite at least 5-10 external references from academic and governmental sources. More citations may be needed to contextualize your study and results as all claims should be well-supported.