This assignment is an individual assignment and designed to assess learning outcomes 1 to 4 and accounts for 75% of the overall module mark.
This assignment requires you to write a 2500-word original essay that addresses the following task:
- Explain how to manage an innovation project by considering an organisation’s (i) internal environment and (ii) external environment.
- The organization can be one of the following:
- A large firm operating in the manufacturing sector
- A small firm operating in the service sector
- A hospital
- A school
- An innovation project may be one or several of the following:
- A new product developed in the firm
- A new process developed in the firm o An eco-innovation project
o A business model innovation
o A new implementation in logistics or supply chain o A social innovation project
o A project based on developing new health care methods
- A project based on developing new teaching methods
The intended learning outcomes are that on completion of this module the student should be able to:
- Critically evaluate key theoretical concepts underpinning technological change and innovation shaped by organisational, economic and social factors.
- Understand and critically evaluate the role of innovation project management at a strategic level in an evolving global environment.
- Explore and synthesise various options in technology/innovation policy and how these reflect different criteria used by different stakeholders.
- Acquire knowledge to manage innovation projects and demonstrate project management leadership and team-working skills in the delivery of the innovation project tasks situated in different types of organisations (i.e. large firms, small firms, public organisations, etc.)