An organisation based in a developed country has decided to expand its operation into a developing country market (case countries to be chosen by the student). As an analyst, you have been asked to prepare a report explaining the cross-cultural and global economic issues that will impact the organisation`s proposed strategic move.
Your report needs to address the following questions:
Part one – Culture
- Globalisation and culture,
- Culture and communication
- Cultural differences
- Managing people in the International Business Environment
- Managing Cross-cultural negotiation
- Culture and conflict
Part two – Global Economics
- Globalisation and the world economy
- International trade, long-run economic growth, development, productivity, technology and institutions
- The macroeconomic environment and policy
- Exchange rate and competiveness
- Business and social responsibility
- The new economy: knowledge, technology and network effects
Word limit: 3,000 words (+ or – 10%). The reference section at the end of the report, content pages, tables and diagrams, and executive Summary are not counted towards the word count.
The importance of accurate referencing within your assignments and reports cannot be overstated!