Harley-Davidson- External and Internal Analysis
Part I – Analysis of the External Environment of Harley-Davidson
As part of the Strategic Business Plan, you have been asked to:
- Identify and analyze the major driving forces for change in the external environment of the motorcycle industry.
- Analyze the dynamics of competition using Porter’s Five Forces Model of Competition. Correctly assess the dynamics of competition.
- Provide at least three statistics about the size of the motorcycle industry such as revenue, growth rate, number of units sold by manufacturer/country, etc.
- Summarize the strategic issues firms in this industry face and identify their biggest threats.
Part II – Internal Environment Analysis of Harley-Davidson
Gather the financial information necessary to do a complete ratio analysis and the Balance Score Card (BSC) key metrics information.
If you were going to create a BSC, what would be the key metrics you would measure in each of the four BSC areas:
- Internal Business Process
- Learning and Growth
Perform a ratio analysis using Harley-Davidson five-year financial performance. Interpret the meaning of the ratios and financial performance.