As part of the formal assessment for the programme you are required to submit a
Evidence based practice assignment. Please refer to your Student Handbook for full details of the programme assessment scheme and general information on preparing and submitting assignments.
After completing the module, you should be able to:
1. Explore evidence-based practice’s influence on healthcare system development.
2. Critically review past and current healthcare crises and source potential interventions through an analysis of evidence-based information.
3. Evaluate evidence-based research (including data collection approaches such as qualitative and quantitative) suitable for establishing links between the health of individuals, populations and healthcare systems and resources.
4. Evaluate healthcare data and recognise the improvements required to enhance patient well-being and safety.
5. Graduate attribute: Reflective Practitioner - Students will undertake critical analysis and reach reasoned and evidenced decisions. They will contribute problem-solving skills to find innovative solutions
Your assignment should include: a title page containing your student number, the module name, the submission deadline and the exact word count of your submitted document; the appendices if relevant; and a reference list in (see referencing section for more information). You should address all the elements of the assignment task listed below. Please note that tutors will use the assessment criteria set out below in assessing your work.
You must not include your name in your submission because Arden University operates anonymous marking, which means that markers should not be aware of the identity of the student. However, please do not forget to include your STU number.
Maximum word count: 2500 words or Arden University equivalence
Please refer to the full word count policy which can be found in the Student Policies section here: Arden University | Regulatory Framework.
Please note the following: Students are required to indicate the exact word count on the title page of the assessment.
The word count includes everything in the main body of the assessment (including in text citations and references). The word count excludes numerical data in tables, figures, diagrams, footnotes, reference list and appendices. ALL other printed words ARE included in the word count.
You will need to choose one assessment method to present the critical review:
PowerPoint presentation with recorded delivery (15 minutes)
Essay (2500 words)