Assessment Title: Project Management
Assessment Length: 2500 words, excluding references, bibliography and appendices.
Critically appraise the performance of the construction company ‘Carillion’, in the period 2016/17, and its liquidation in 2018. Why did it go into liquidation, and what is / will be the impact on stakeholders e.g. investors, banks, clients, designers, Tier 2, 3 and 4 supply chain members, individual employees, company pension scheme members, owners of existing buildings, PFI/PPP consortium members, joint venture partners et al? What are the potential consequences for the future of the UK construction industry and the national economy? You should track developments from 2016, and examine circumstances in the periods around the first and subsequent profit warnings in 2017. In particular, include in your appraisal all actions that arise during coming months, up to the submission date of the assessment.
Citations in text required to support the appraisal. Sources of information: initial leads from Construction News, New Civil Engineer and the ‘app’ The Construction Index (TCI). It is important that citations in the ‘literature review’ do not rely exclusively upon these ‘secondary’ sources; you should seek out where appropriate, authoritative primary sources.
By a narrative, develop a plan for one stakeholder involved in a major scheme with Carillion, to bring the scheme to a successful conclusion.
1) Historical perspective up to the January 2018 liquidation announcement
2) Actions after liquidation up to circa mid April 2018
3) Appraisal of an appropriate range of issues related to impact upon stakeholders
4) The plan
5) Using literature and citing authoritative sources to support critical writing style; evidence of reading. For example, CN construction News
6) Site OR use Fti in the assignment in some point
7) Presentation, grammar, references Harvard Style.