Please watch the embedded video, skim the Department of Justice (DOJ) Report on Operation Partnership, and comment upon them as well as our readings from Celluci and Pastor regarding the following:
The Operation Partnership report notes that "any in law enforcement and private security are already convinced, at least in a general sense, that greater collaboration is needed. To initiate a partnership or take one to a higher level, though, they need more information about what is involved and what results they can expect from their investments of time and effort. For example:
- How are effective LE-PS (Law Enforcement - Private Security) partnerships formed, organized, and sustained?
- How can leadership and responsibilities best be shared in LE-PS partnerships?
- How can partners and potential partners address the trust and legal issues that challenge the exchange of vital information?
- What factors make the greatest contributions to partnership success?
- What are the most important lessons to be taken from partnerships that are meeting and exceeding their goals and from those that are not?
- What remains to be done to continually improve communication, professionalism, and results?"
What kind of transformational change is possible beyond the DHS, and why?
What kind of transformational change is possible within the DHS, and why?