Please remember your answers need to be supported with detailed examples from your speech. One or two sentence answers will not earn you full credit.
Content and Organization
• Evaluate the success of your introduction.
How did you introduce yourself and state your purpose?
What was your attention-getter and why do you feel it was effective?
Did you preview your points? How effective were they in your speech?
- Explain your use of transitions and their effectiveness in moving your speech.
• Evaluate the success of your conclusion.
What was your memorable statement, its purpose and why do you feel it was effective?
Were you able to recap your main points?
Verbal and Nonverbal Communication
• How nervous or anxious did you feel before, during, and immediately after your speech?
• How do you believe communication apprehension affected your performance? How do you cope with the anxiety and fear of speaking in public?
• Evaluate your nonverbal communication. Please provide examples to support your opinion.
Vocal Speed –
Voice Inflection –
Unnecessary pauses/filler words-
Eye contact (if applicable)-
Facial Expressions (if applicable)-
Body Movement (if applicable)-
Outcome and Improvement
Please do not forget to utilize your background reading material and instructional feedback to answer the following questions.
• Which aspects of your speech were most successful and will you repeat in the future? Please address (1) content and organization and (2) verbal and nonverbal communication.
• How did you prepare for your speech and what did you do that contributed to this success?
• Which aspects of your speech need improvement? Please address (1) content and organization and (2) verbal and nonverbal communication.
• How do you plan to improve these areas for your next speech? Please use tools and information provided within the course material to answer.