As part of the formal assessment for the programme you are required to submit a Developing Personal and Management Skills assignment. Please refer to your Student Handbook for full details of the programme assessment scheme and general information on preparing and submitting assignments.
After completing the module, you should be able to:
1. Identify the key transferable skills required within the workplace.
2. Illustrate their use and application, particularly within a management context.
3. Explain the use and application of supportive management and leadership skills and relate this to appropriate theory.
4. Reflect on own management and leadership skills using a range of models.
5. Develop and justify a personal development plan that will facilitate an increased level of effective management and leadership.
This assessment is worth 100% of the total marks for the module
1) Reflect on own management and leadership skills using a range of models, and develop and justify a personal development plan that will facilitate an increased level of effective management and leadership
Explain the following transferable skills using relevant theory and apply them to an organisation which you are familiar with or one you can research. (If you do not have experience within an organisation, apply best practice from your learning materials to suggest how they should be implemented within a specific organisation). The skills to consider are as follows:
• Supportive Communication;
• Conflict Management;
• Team Effectiveness.
In order to assist with your learning and to give you some early feedback you are encouraged to engage with your tutor to receive formative feedback. The formative feedback for this module assessment is available on the module page.
The feedback is designed to help you develop areas of your work and it helps you develop your skills as an independent learner.
If you are a distance learning student, you should submit your work, by email, to your tutor, no later than 2 weeks before the actual submission deadline. If you are a blended learning student, your tutor will give you a deadline for formative feedback and further details.
Formative feedback will not be given to work submitted after the above date or the date specified by your tutor - if a blended learning student
Assignments submitted late will not be accepted and will be marked as a 0% fail.
Your assessment should be submitted as a single Word (MS Word) or PDF file. For more information please see the “Guide to Submitting an Assignment” document available on the module page on iLearn.
You must ensure that the submitted assignment is all your own work and that all sources used are correctly attributed. Penalties apply to assignments which show evidence of academic unfair practice. (See the Student Handbook which is on the homepage of your module and also in the Induction Area).