The purpose of this assessment is to provide students with an opportunity to research and demonstrate the knowledge about the current topic in the Human Resource Management Field. The assessment is an analysis and application of current and future trends in the Human Resources Management Field.
In teams of 5 students (where the minimum is 4 and the maximum is 5), students will design an INFOGRAPHIC based on Current Topics and trends in the Human Resources Management Field.
- Each team will have a different topic to research and create an infographic to present to others. Potential Topics are listed on page 2.
- Topics for all teams should be approved by the instructor.
- Teams have the option to choose a topic not on the list and get the instructor’s approval.
- Teams must email the Instructor the topic they have picked and the instructor will approve the topic by email. Include the email Subject Line as follows: HRMG1001, Section Number, Group Number and Topic
- If two or more teams pick the same topic, who ever have sent the email first will get the topic.
An Infographic graphic visual is a representation of information, data, or knowledge and is intended to present information quickly and clearly. Infographics can improve cognition by utilizing graphics to enhance the human visual system`s ability to see patterns and trends. An Infographic assists with understanding information, especially for visual learners.
Below is an example of an infographic on Qatar’s economy.
- At Canvahttps://www.canva.com, you will find several templates to use for your project.
The infographic is a visual of the information rather than a PPTX slide or Word document. An infographic is colorful, interesting, and attractive and helps us to learn. Be creative.
- Remote Work and Hybrid Work Models: The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the adoption of remote and hybrid work arrangements, requiring HR to develop policies and practices that support this shift.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI): Organizations are focusing on creating diverse and inclusive workplaces, with HR playing a central role in DEI initiatives.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) in HR: AI is being used for tasks like resume screening, chatbots for employee inquiries, and predictive analytics for talent management.
- Mental Health and Well-being: HR is increasingly addressing employee mental health and well-being, offering resources and support.
- HR Analytics: Data-driven decision-making in HR is becoming essential, using analytics to improve recruitment, retention, and employee development.
- Employee Experience: HR is working to enhance the overall employee experience, from onboarding to career development, to boost engagement and satisfaction.
- Remote Onboarding: With remote work, HR is adapting onboarding processes to ensure new employees feel integrated and productive.
- Skills Gap Analysis: Identifying and addressing skill gaps among employees to ensure the organization`s workforce is aligned with its goals.
- Agile HR: Borrowing concepts from agile project management, HR is becoming more flexible and responsive to changing organizational needs.
- Employee Training and Development: Continuous learning is a growing trend, with HR facilitating skill development and upskilling.
- Workforce Planning: Strategic planning to ensure the right talent is in place as the organization evolves.
- Talent Acquisition Technology: Leveraging technology like AI, chatbots, and video interviewing for efficient recruitment.
- Flexible Benefits: Offering personalized benefits to cater to diverse employee needs, including childcare support, wellness programs, and more.
- Leadership Development: Identifying and nurturing leadership potential within the organization.
- Remote Performance Management: Adapting performance reviews and feedback processes for remote or hybrid teams.
- Global HR: Managing a diverse and geographically dispersed workforce, addressing legal and cultural differences.
- Workforce Diversity Reporting: Increasing transparency and reporting on diversity metrics.
- Employer Branding: Building a strong employer brand to attract and retain top talent.
- AI in Employee Feedback: Using AI for employee feedback analysis and improving the feedback process.
Sustainability and HR: Incorporating sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) into HR practices.