On successful completion of this module you will be able to: -
- Identify and utilize self-development opportunities through reflective practice in the context of a personalised self-development plan, with the aim of enhancing international management competence.
- Appreciate the different management styles appropriate to specific cultural contexts.
- Exercise cultural intelligence.
- Demonstrate critical appreciation of the literature relating to culture and management competence.
- Demonstrate and evidence the application of relevant theoretical concepts and frameworks.
This assignment involves students working normally in groups of two.
Each group will be assigned a topic from the syllabus. Each week a different topic is being covered on the module.
Each group will be required to select a recent journal article that focuses on ONE aspect of the topic you have been allocated.
The group should prepare and deliver a presentation to include the following:-
1. A brief summary of the article including its key concepts
2. Comment on how it related to IMC
3. A critique to include your observations of the strengths and weaknesses of the article.
- Students will be paired with another member of the group
- In the workshops each week a pair of students will present their analysis of an article related to that week`s topic. Confine your analysis to the subject matter of the article.
- Students should access relevant articles through the `Library Gateway`.
- The presentation should take no more than 15 minutes. It will be followed by questions and a short class discussion.
- Prepare supporting power-point slides. These should be emailed to your tutor at least one day in advance of the presentation so that they can be distributed to the class.
The assignment also requires each member of the group to submit an individual written piece of work at the time of the presentation.
- This should be around 600 words in length.
- Be an individual piece of writing
- Students are required to reflect on how the article can be relevant to their own personal development as an international manager. This should include self- reflection and consideration of how key ideas from the article can inform your own personal development. It should include reference to the article.