ASSESSMENT AIM AND INSTRUCTIONS
This assignment will be in the format of a 1.000 word poster and supporting informal 1,500 word business report. Tasks one and two are weighted at 50% of this modules final grade.
Individually select and agree a Golf Industry retail premises to base your assignment on and agree this with your module tutor, prior to commencing any work on the assignment.
- Agree location and send/receive a confirmation e-mail which you will use as an appendix to your report.
- Produce a 1,500 word informal business report format:
- Use a standard assignment cover sheet, contents page and footer with page numbers
- Produce a small relevant business report introduction - up to fifty words
- The main body of the report should use your chosen golf industry specific location and wider relevant examples to:
A. Evaluate the importance of retail sales in the golf sector including
the impact of external factors (learning outcome one)
B. Evaluate the components of effective customer service components
in the golf industry (learning outcome three)
C. Provide a sourced introduction to your chosen retail location and
link to task two`s posters - see below
- Produce a short report conclusion which refers back to A, B and C above - up to fifty words
- Produce an accurately formatted and relevant report bibliography. A minimum of 12 sources including three journal articles is required.
- Attach relevant appendices e.g. email of agreed golf shop location
Task 2 PTO
For this task you will need to produce two 500 word A3 posters to clearly demonstrate how you recommend changing the current layout of your selected golf industry retail outlet:
- Gain permission to measure up your selected golf retail outlet, then using Visioproduce a scaled drawing of the store as it is currently configured.
- Place the current scaled layout of the golf retail outlet in the middle of your A3 page and using text boxes explain its drawbacks - add value by including and applying relevant module specific vocabulary
- Include in-text sourcing where applicable
- Place your name and student number in the footer of each poster
- Evaluate the current store layout on the first posterincluding the following:
- Layouts, merchandise decisions, visual merchandising, pricing decisions, security and relevant safety and security requirements - sources required
- Produce a second poster to demonstrate how you would reconfigure the store`s layout to improve the following aspects of its design/presentation:
- Merchandise decisions,
- Visual merchandising,
- Pricing decisions,
- Security and relevant health and safety requirements - sources required
- Ensure sources used for both task one and two are included in the bibliography
Take a photocopy of each poster prior to submission