Read the article titled, “Mobile Devices Will Be Biggest Business Security Threat in 2014”, located athttp://www.businessnewsdaily.com/5670-mobile-devices-will-be-biggest-business-security-threat-in-2014.html, and reference FIPS 140-2 Security Policy, located at http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/STM/cmvp/documents/140-1/140sp/140sp1648.pdf. In addition, read the Sophos report titled, “Security Threat Report 2014”, located athttp://www.sophos.com/en-us/medialibrary/PDFs/other/sophos-security-threat-report-2014.pdf.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Analyze the emerging security threats presented within the “Security Threat Report 2014” report.
- Analyze the major threats to mobile devices, and suggest at least two (2) methods to mitigate the concerns and make the devices more secure from an organizational standpoint. Justify your response.
- Determine whether or not you believe that the mobile device threats are the most critical and disturbing of all of the security threats presented in the articles. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Select one (1) security threat, unrelated to mobile devices, that you believe is the most alarming, and explain the main reasons why you believe that the chosen threat warrants concern. Suggest key strategies for mitigating the risk. Justify your response.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Define common and emerging security issues and management responsibilities.
- Analyze the methods of managing, controlling, and mitigating security risks and vulnerabilities.
- Explain access control methods and attacks.
- Describe the applications and uses of cryptography and encryption.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in security management.
- Write clearly and concisely about the theories of security management using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.